Dolphin vs Yacht Club

So planning a trip in early January 2023…Trying to decide between Yacht club and dolphin. Assuming that price is not a factor (not saying it’s not)…

Pros/cons for each. Our main goal will be to maximize park time. We stayed in dolphin about 10 years ago and enjoyed it….
So I've stayed at Dolphin most recently in April this year and have not stayed at YC since pre-covid.

Pros of both-
  • Location- proximity to boardwalk, ease of transportation via walking to parks/boat to parks, etc. Also good spot to be able to visit other resorts for different dining options
  • You get Deluxe benefits for both so if there's extended eve hours for any of the parks, you can attend them
  • fairly good dining options nearby both resorts
Cons of Dolphin-
  • Full size beds, not queens for double occupancy
  • resort fee not included in nightly rate
  • bus to MK is not a disney bus so you're dropped at TTC (Not the end of the world but does add a few min to your MK visit days)
  • Pools are nice but def not as nice as Stormalong bay (but could be a con if you prefer a quieter pool atmosphere)
  • Laundry, buses and in-room dining shared by swan, dolphin and swan reserve
  • The halls at dolphin go on and on and on, it's a large resort (of the two, I prefer Swan)
Cons of YC---None really other than cost. The bus service can be slow but that's really any disney resort. I personally prefer BC over YC but we always end up at Swan or Dolphin just because YC/BC are always so much more and I usually can't justify the cost difference for a hotel that's a 5 min walk closer to Epcot. Also, the theming just doesn't really speak to my family. It's a beautiful resort but just not our speed.

Thanks for advice… I’m still holding out for discount but at this point price difference is enough that it seems dolphin is the better call. How far is walk to yacht buses?
From the Dolphin lobby, the walk to YC bus stop is less than 10 minutes, 5 if you walk fast. The bus stop is very close to the Dolphin convention center.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter