dolphin swim

At Discovery Cove, you can swim with them at all different set times.

When we got there, we got to pick a time. We said earliest available, and we got a 1005.

You go in groups of 6-8 people and each group gets about 30 minutes in the water. You time is split between standing ( waist deep ) and actually swimming ( in about 10 feet of water) . Usually you would have two or three people swimming and 4-6 in the shallows and the dolphin goes back between the two groups so no one is lefts out. I would guess that your actually swimming for about 7-10 minutes but the whole interaction with the dolphin is about 30 minutes.

I thought this worked better than when I did a "dolphin swim" in Eilat, Israel as the trainers ( at DC) did keep the dolphins interested and interacting with the guests, in Israel although you were swimming for a good 30-40 minutes , we didn't get the same "up close" interaction as you do get at DC. JMHO

Your "hands on" with the dolphin will be maybe 10 minutes, depending on the group and the crowd and whatnot. Your pod will spend about 45 minutes total in the lagoon. The whole group is interacting the whole time, they do it very well...no one is left out. It is a great experience!

We were there April 1 and were only swimming for 21 minutes. My husband timed it, he times everything so I know this is a fact.
Maybe because we visited during a busy time our time was shorter. There were 8 in our group. It was still enjoyable, just not as long as it should have been. We all loved Discovery Cove, it was a pleasant, relaxing day. Worth the money spent.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter