Dolphin Rates - Super $$$

Just booked a last minute room at the Dolphin for $135 per night! I thought that was pretty good! Checked for next fall and they wanted over $600 (with tax and resort fee) for the same room before taxes and fees! No thanks!

Did you get that amazing rate on the swan Dolphin website? Last minute or not, good rate short of some Priceline deal.

@writerguyfl thanks for the explanation. What was weird though was they had all the room categories available so I don't think it was close to selling out. And the rates were literally outrageous, like who who pay those rates for that hotel?? I can't imagine anyone. Very strange!

Businesses with expense accounts? My husband's company overpays for airfare and lodging all the time as they plan business trips last minute...

Did you get that amazing rate on the swan Dolphin website? Last minute or not, good rate short of some Priceline deal.

Yes, right on the SwanDolphin website! I could hardly believe it! It was for the very next day, so truly last minute. All told with resort fees and taxes it came to $185.00

Yes, right on the SwanDolphin website! I could hardly believe it! It was for the very next day, so truly last minute. All told with resort fees and taxes it came to $185.00
Great deal! Thanks for the reply.

I see a decent deal for a senior rate on the Friday before mother’s day, $174. And it’s refundable. Not bad in case plans change.

Great deal! Thanks for the reply.

I see a decent deal for a senior rate on the Friday before mother’s day, $174. And it’s refundable. Not bad in case plans change.

Yes, that was a senior rate we had as well! We always book senior rates as they seem to be the best ones offered these days - and we qualify!

Help! I am on the swandolphin website right now and can NOT get to the Dolphin. Every time I clicked the dolphin tab, I was sent straight to the Swan room selections.

Just booked a last minute room at the Dolphin for $135 per night! I thought that was pretty good! Checked for next fall and they wanted over $600 (with tax and resort fee) for the same room before taxes and fees! No thanks!

Forgive me if this sounds dumb. When you say "last minute", do you mean like you're going in just a few days? Or do you mean that you were able to snatch a deal that was only available for a short time?

Again, sorry if it seems stupid. Sometimes I think I overanalyze things.

Forgive me if this sounds dumb. When you say "last minute", do you mean like you're going in just a few days? Or do you mean that you were able to snatch a deal that was only available for a short time?

Again, sorry if it seems stupid. Sometimes I think I overanalyze things.

We were heading out the next day (2 days earlier than planned) so I found that rate available for 24 hours later.

Just bumping in case anyone is still looking-

We just booked 4 nights in May at dolphin for $1034 (incl all taxes and fees) with our triple A discount refundable rate. Similar non-refundable available on expedia right now. Swan was about $300 more.

Can you all tell me what perks Dolphin guests get? Can they book FP+ at 60 days? Can they do EMH? We are DVC as is SIL and we're doing a big family trip in the fall, 9 nights, and both booked a 2BR but needed a studio too for spill over (we will have 2 grandparents, 4 adults and 4 20-something kids plus 2 or 3 of their significant others). The 20-somethings will doing just smaller parts of the trip but there may be a few days where they are all there. DS works for Marriott and I actually found a decent discounted rate at Dolphin for the 9 nights so I booked it. Never been to Swan or Dolphin (aside from being on the boat as it stopped there). Any details I need to know?? Thanks for the help.

FP at 60 days, EMH, both yes

Can be tricky with FP when linking room reservation to MDE. Make absolutely sure everyone that will be using FP’s is on the room reservation before you link the reservation. Trust me. I didn’t and had to call Disney to manually add FP’s for my husband. Manual ones you can’t change in MDE, you have to call to change. Not convenient.

I was able to get my luggage transferred from Dolphin to BWV during a split stay

ME, no

Charging stuff at parks to room, no

Sounds like a wonderful trip.

Blue zoo has happy hour each night 5-7 pm. On Friday night there is a live band playing in the lounge at the Blue Zoo, starting at 7 pm.

You can get 20 percent off with AAA card at some of the restaurants at the Dolphin. I know it works for sure at Fresh and the taqueria, both on the bottom floor.

FP at 60 days, EMH, both yes

Can be tricky with FP when linking room reservation to MDE. Make absolutely sure everyone that will be using FP’s is on the room reservation before you link the reservation. Trust me. I didn’t and had to call Disney to manually add FP’s for my husband. Manual ones you can’t change in MDE, you have to call to change. Not convenient.

I was able to get my luggage transferred from Dolphin to BWV during a split stay

ME, no

Charging stuff at parks to room, no

Sounds like a wonderful trip.

Blue zoo has happy hour each night 5-7 pm. On Friday night there is a live band playing in the lounge at the Blue Zoo, starting at 7 pm.

You can get 20 percent off with AAA card at some of the restaurants at the Dolphin. I know it works for sure at Fresh and the taqueria, both on the bottom floor.

AAA also works at Picabou and the Fountain., and apparently, for booking cabanas at the pool.

I agree with Snappy - be sure to have everything in place and everyone included on your reservation prior to linking it ti MDE. It is a pill to get it changed once linked. Also, give yourself at least a week prior to your 60 days for FP+ booking, just in case you have problems linking the reservation. It can take a couple of calls and they ask you to give them a few days to fix the issue each time. It sounds worse than it is, but I wouldn't want a deadline looming too soon.

have fun!

Based on my recent experience, this linking to MDE has gotten much smoother than what PPs described. I just typed in the reservation number and everything showed up properly a few hours later. FPs worked at 60 days just as they should.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter