Dolphin, Magic Bands and Food & Wine

Spritzel1

Earning My Ears
I'll be staying at the Dolphin. If I purchase Magic Bands will I be able to charge my food purchases at the Food and Wine Festival using the Magic Band?

As the PP said, you can't charge to your magic band. BUT - the easiest way to deal with this (so you don't have to pull your wallet out at every booth) is to get one of the gift card bracelets. Oh dear, now as I'm typing this, I don't know if they have them this year, but I hope so. Anyway, you can preload a $ amount on the gift card and it hangs on your wrist. All the booths took them the last time I went. And if I under guessed how much I was going to spend - you can go put more money on it at any shop. And if I over guessed, I just had money on a gift card I could use any where. Or save for the next trip.

As the PP said, you can't charge to your magic band. BUT - the easiest way to deal with this (so you don't have to pull your wallet out at every booth) is to get one of the gift card bracelets. Oh dear, now as I'm typing this, I don't know if they have them this year, but I hope so. Anyway, you can preload a $ amount on the gift card and it hangs on your wrist. All the booths took them the last time I went. And if I under guessed how much I was going to spend - you can go put more money on it at any shop. And if I over guessed, I just had money on a gift card I could use any where. Or save for the next trip.
Thanks for the suggestion. I confirmed that they are available for this year's Food and Wine Festival and this approach sounds great.

The GC bracelets are the *only* way we do festival booths... no pulling out your wallet, no contact. SO easy. And a really cheap (free!) souvenir after you've used them.

No.
What happens when you use your magic band for charges is that you are using it to charge to your room reservation.
You are staying offsite therefore that is not an option you can use.
Just use a credit card/debit card/gift card/cash at the food booths.

You can also use Apple Pay or Google Pay at all of the F&W kiosks. Since we always have our phones out now anyway for MDE (and now Genie), I found this to be just as easy as MB (actually easier than MBs because you don't need to enter a PIN).

I used Apple Pay with a Disney gift card, easy access and an extra 5% with Target Red Card.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter