Dolphin and Starwood Preferred Guest

maggiew

DIS Veteran
I have reserved a room at the teacher's rate for our June stay. I have also signed up for the Starwood Preferred Guest card. I would like to try to get an upgrade to club level - either by pixie dust or by points. So how do I go about racking up points? I don't want to sign up for the American Express card - I just signed up for the Disney Visa. Is there any other way? I have no plans to travel until June, so I won't be able to stay at one of their hotels.

How can you get to a gold level?
I read on one of the Swan/Dolphin faqs that stock holders get special benefits - like a preferred room - what's that?

Any ideas would be appreciated. I would be happy with just the standard room, but would like to try for club. We are used to All Stars and POR.

Maggie

The Dolphin is so cool and the people are so cool...even if you don't get enough points...just ask upon check in for a certain view...they are more than happy to please.

Enjoy!

OK. Thanks for the link.

I found out that since I am a Marriott Rewards Silver Elite card member that SPG will upgrade me to a comparable level. So, if this is Gold Member, would that mean I am GUARANTEED (if available) that I could get a preferred room? i.e. I don't need to use points to get it? What exactly is preferred? I am mainly interested in club level and not so much the view.

Maggie

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter