Doing laundry at PO:FQ

I don't have access to the My Disney account yet--she's been handling all that and is supposed to transfer it over when I receive my band from her, etc. I don't, it just seems a little too much "out of my hands" for my taste so I probably won't do it this way again--it's causing me stress of a different sort.

Bands get sent to you, ordered through MDE. If they are getting sent to your agent she has set them up to ship that way, and looks like she has also set up your MDE account and made ADRs and FP on it for you too. Just be aware most agents don't take that kind of control of your trip.

I've been involved in several aspects of the travel biz for nearly 30 years and don't know any agents that do this, take control away from the client. Sometimes agents are asked to help set up the account and walk a client through using it so they feel comfortable with FP, ADRs, and ordering MBs, but your situation is definitely not the norm when booking your trip with a TA.

Some people require more assistance with these features than others, and a TA should be glad to help, but lots of people use MDE on their own once they are shown what to do. You own your MDE account, not your TA.

Once you DO get access to your account, make sure you change your password immediately so only YOU have access to it.

Back to the topic. I've returned home and did have a wonderful time, despite Irma. And it was a bit of a sticker shock: $3 per load per machine, so for two loads it cost $12 to wash and dry. I'm not used to the sideloading washers, so maybe I could have done all of it in one machine, but at the time it didn't occur to me.

On the eve of Irma, I returned early from Animal Kingdom (squeezed in another ride on FoP when it was only a 35 minute wait!), then rather than get into line for meal vouchers, I decided to start my laundry right away. Only 2 other machines were in use at the time. Then I went to get in line, got my slip, ordered a pizza and took it to my room, etc. When the time was up and I returned to retrieve my laundry, every machine was busy because folks decided to wait until after the food. I had my priorities. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter