Dogs on Internal Buses at the Fort?

tetera

Mouseketeer
I happened to see this while double checking the pet policy today:

"Will I be able to take advantage of onsite Disney Transportation with my dog?​

Onsite, dogs may travel by internal buses at Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort & Campground and Disney’s Port Orleans Resort. Dogs are also welcome to travel with their owners throughout Walt Disney World Resort via Minnie Van service. Only service animals are allowed on Disney Transportation motor coaches, monorails or watercraft."

We take the internal buses at the Fort pretty frequently but I don't ever recall seeing a dog on there - I have deliberately walked our dog separately from the family before for them to pick up food from P&J's (also because I know dogs aren't supposed to be in the Settlement area- but I have often seen other dogs there so don't know how often that's enforced). Has anyone ever brought their dog on the internal buses? Do the drivers seem ok with this?

(I don't know if this is a new rule or not - if not, I wish I'd known about it earlier - especially in the rain!)

First I will claim in this case my dog was special, so any of my responses is because of that. She was in that cart and then in a wagon. I never took her on a bus but I did have quite a few bus drivers offer if we all needed a ride. I have to think some will do it regardless of rules but it probably also depends on how full the bus is.

I have never taken my dogs on the bus, but I did once have a driver ask if we needed a ride.

Regarding dogs at the Settlement. I remember there used to be signs which read dogs were not permitted in the area.

One day during a post-Covid trip, we were walking the dogs and a Fort manager type person came up to us and told us to make sure we checked out the food truck roundup at the Settlement. I said we would once we took the dogs back to the camper, she said to bring the dogs with us as they were welcome in the Settlement area now. We went ahead to the Settlement and saw quite a few dogs there. We’ve seen dogs in that area on several trips now.

I have never taken my dogs on the bus, but I did once have a driver ask if we needed a ride.

Regarding dogs at the Settlement. I remember there used to be signs which read dogs were not permitted in the area.

One day during a post-Covid trip, we were walking the dogs and a Fort manager type person came up to us and told us to make sure we checked out the food truck roundup at the Settlement. I said we would once we took the dogs back to the camper, she said to bring the dogs with us as they were welcome in the Settlement area now. We went ahead to the Settlement and saw quite a few dogs there. We’ve seen dogs in that area on several trips now.

Wow, dogs officially being allowed in the Settlement is way more exciting (to me) than them being allowed on the internal buses! Curious to see if the signage has been changed….

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter