• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Dog Smuggling

StephenKay

DVC Member VWL 2001
Hi Everyone,

During our recent trip to WDW, my family and I were in line to enter Epcot on early entry, at the front of the line during the bag search a spanish lady was unhappy about something the guard had found. A full size poodle, that had been disguised by sitting him in a child's stroller covering him with a big floppy hat and sunglasses complete with dressing him in clothes and a blanket.

Some people have a nerve, but it was quite funny to see them being caught.

I love my dogs. I even have dressed them up, but this is because Chihuahua's need help staying warm outside when it's below 45. I like taking our dogs on vacation. But never would I think of trying a stunt like that. :crazy: Maggie

:earseek: :earseek: :earseek:

That's hysterical! The poodle didn't have a refillable mug did it?:tongue:

I want to know what kind of pass she was going to use for the dog, or was it under 3 yrs of age? :tongue:

Hi,

He did have a pass according to the security guard he (the canine) did possess a childs pass.

OMG, she really had a pass for him? I was just joking :earseek:

Maybe she was an old spinster, no kids, and really thought her dog was her 'child'...

When I was there in March I saw a lady in a motorized wheelchair with a dog on her lap. She was in Magic Kingdom all day. I never saw anyone with her and never saw her anyplace except riding around outside. I wondered what the story was but wouldn't have known whom to ask.

:scratchin :scratchin :scratchin

Oh, that's hilarious! I once saw a woman in a motorized wheelchair try to bring her small dog into Whispering Canyon for dinner - the staff didn't see it until she took it out of her basket and set it on the floor - along with the restaurants glass of water for it to lap out of!!! She was very loudly upset (huge tantrum) when they told her the dog had to go!

Some disabled people have therapy dogs - used more to relieve stress than as a guide/helper. I'd have to bet that the woman seen with a dog on her lap at MK had a therapy dog, and had the documentation to have the dog allowed into the park.

Yes a therapy dog or other type of assitance dog, there are various kinds, would be my guess as well.
and if it was and she had the documentation for it then Disney has no choice in the matter. ADA.

WDW gets many foreign visitors. The culture of some of these foreign lands is very different from ours. When I was in England, it was common to see dogs accompany their owners into the pub. These pets were well behaved and sat next to or under the table.

As a dog lover, I wish we were as relaxed about animals as our friends across the pond.

That is hysterical. Trying to disguise a dog as a child. Don't know how the women thought she'd pull it off all day. :p

LOVE MY DOG - I call him my first born! - but even if I could bring him to WDW I wouldn't he'd be a nervous reck! - You see he's the neighborhood child watcher - when all the kids are outside he picks a spot and watches them if one should stray out of his perceived safety zone he goes up to them and nudges them with his nose until they are back in the safe zone - its actually hillarious to watch! - but at WDW he'd go mad with all those kids!

We have two dogs, and I love them. We take them to the beach with us, but I cannot imagine trying to "sneak" my 95-lb black lab into a park! Nope, doggies will have to stay home of this trip!

~Steph

Have a dog as company with her in the parks, than some humans.:o :p I wish I could take my 2 Dachshunds, but, they would probably p** on Mickey!:earseek:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter