Does your stomach drop on Guardians of the Galaxy?

So glad you said tilt a whirll. I feared riding it because I suspected it might be like tilt a whirl and you were the first to mention that. I despise the tilt a whirl feeling and definitely am not going to ride it.

I really do appreciate your post. I do love ‘the ‘drop feeling’ but that’s all. You couldn’t pay me any amount of money to even go on the Tea Cups.

Thanks.
I can't do Tilt-A-Whirls, and I can handle the Tea Cups about once a day. I don't get that feeling from this coaster at all. I can do this one twice a day with no effects other than being stoked coming off of it. I would say give a try once to see how you handle it. Every time this subject comes up for this ride the answer varies by every single person.

One and done for me. It didn't go well. I don't do well on motion when I can't see where I'm going.
DS, DIL, DGD (then 9) loved it.
DGS didn't like it either. He is more timid on rides than his sister. He was 5

I was the biggest ride chicken. These past 2 trips I took a Bonine Tablet everyday. What a difference that made for me. I loved GOG and also tried rides that I have passed up all these years like RNR. I had a blast and didn't get that normal drop in my stomach when on the rides.

I was the biggest ride chicken. These past 2 trips I took a Bonine Tablet everyday. What a difference that made for me. I loved GOG and also tried rides that I have passed up all these years like RNR. I had a blast and didn't get that normal drop in my stomach when on the rides.
There are no coasters at WDW that give you that stomach drop feeling; maybe a little bit on the bunny hills on Slinky. The only places you'll feel that are on TOT and Splash/Tiana. And, curiously, the small drop on Pirates.

There are no coasters at WDW that give you that stomach drop feeling; maybe a little bit on the bunny hills on Slinky. The only places you'll feel that are on TOT and Splash/Tiana. And, curiously, the small drop on Pirates.
They all gave me that drop feeling.. I used to scream on Space Mountain and my stomach was in knots. Now, I can go on it no problem. Even Slinky and Mine Train would give me the drop feeling, even though the drops were not that big.

No big drops.
However I found that it does give the stomach feeling during the launch just like Rock N Roller Coaster doesn't have big drops but the launch gives the stomach feeling.
Personally I like the feeling but for someone that doesn't like it IDK how you'd do.
I will also say that if you are prone to motion sickness this may not be a good ride.
While I don't get motion sickness and don't get sick on Cosmic Rewind it does give me a kind of funny dizzy feeling that if someone that was sensitive to motion sickness could very well make it an unpleasant ride.

For me, Expedition Everest gets my stomach dropping twice - maybe that's just me. It drops 'forward' on the backward motion, but then drops 'back' again to where it belongs on the forward hill! By the time the ride is over, my stomach is where it needs to be, and I'm ready to go again!

So glad you said tilt a whirll. I feared riding it because I suspected it might be like tilt a whirl and you were the first to mention that. I despise the tilt a whirl feeling and definitely am not going to ride it.

I really do appreciate your post. I do love ‘the ‘drop feeling’ but that’s all. You couldn’t pay me any amount of money to even go on the Tea Cups.

Thanks.
I don't think it is like Tilt-A-Whirl or Space Mtn at all, except GoG and Space Mtn are both in the dark.

Having been on it multiple times, I can say it does matter where you are seated, and also to some extent which song. Some songs mesh better with the ride, and when the beat of the song meshes, then you feel like you are moving to the music.

Tilt-A-Whirl/teacups are just straight up spinning. GoG rotates, but doesn't really spin like the teacups and MiB do.

An important distinction is that the rider's center of gravity is a bit higher on GoG than older coasters.

The hills are fairly tame. I am able to see the tracks somewhat, but maybe others can't see that well in the dark. I suspect some disorientation occurs when riders do not look ahead (but rather look all around while riding). And again, it may help to request one of the tamer seats. All of the seats are okay for me, but there is a bit of difference.

It’s more like a smooth coaster meets the flying bobs.

“The flying bobs is a ride as it picks up speed, the cars swing from side to side.”

Around the turns and banks it feels like the flying bobs.

Years ago, I stopped doing coasters with loops and corkscrews because I came off one and my legs were shaking.

The last time I rode GoG, which was my third time ever, I came off with legs shaking. Which made it difficult to use the exit stairs. So I don’t go on it anymore. My husband’s equilibrium was affected, so he doesn’t ride it either.

My son absolutely loves GoG! He doesn’t like loops or hills, he loves the feeling of spinning, so this one is perfect for him.

I would definitely see how they do on slinky dog and mine train and definitely everest before I pushed for guardians. It's fast, in the dark, spins, and starts off backwards. It's pretty intense for someone who's never done coasters. My crowd loves it, but I probably wouldn't push a young kid for this to be their first go at roller coasters. If they love the others, though, go for it! It's a blast!!

Thanks.

Primeval Whirl was literally a tilt a whirl on a roller coaster track. :)

I wouldn't personally describe it exactly as that. The cars do rotate, but they rotate intentionally to face certain directions. It's not like a tilt a whirl that just spins as it's swung around. But still, very disorienting for some. My husband, who never gets motion sickness, cannot ride it anymore. While I, who actually is prone to motion sickness, do not have an issue with this ride and love it.

You need to start with the smaller coasters before trying Guardians with the kids, IMO. There are no big drops and my stomach was not affected. It feels VERY FAST, like the wind is whipping at your face. And you are rotating in a vehicle. Also, it's dark.

If they haven't tried Mine Train (which to me is very easy), then do not attempt Guardians.

Do slinky and mine first. If they enjoy those then do GOTG.

GOTG is definitely more intense in my book because it’s dark and starts with a backwards launch. If you start with GOTG and they don’t like it you risk scaring them out of trying SDD or SDMT.

The last time I rode GoG, which was my third time ever, I came off with legs shaking. Which made it difficult to use the exit stairs. So I don’t go on it anymore. My husband’s equilibrium was affected, so he doesn’t ride it either.
While it may not work for you, there is an elevator should this happen to anyone else riding this attraction.

If you don't see an elevator when exiting a WDW or Universal attraction, just ask staff. Sometimes the elevator is hidden behind a door. Obviously, some attractions like Jungle Cruise don't have elevators, but many do (where they would be needed).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter