Does your job allow you to vacation anywhere?

wildride

Mouseketeer
Mine limits us to certain states I live in Massachusetts I can go to Maine New Hampshire not Rhode Island not Vermont not New York. If I go to any of other states I have to do a 14 day quarantine before work.

i’m curious if anybody else’s job limits them and does the quarantine if you go to say Florida or California or any of the big outbreak states?

Are they actually telling you that you are not allowed to visit those states?

Or are they telling you they want you to come back to work following your vacation -- not be out an additional two weeks because of your state's quarantine regulations?

Are they actually telling you that you are not allowed to visit those states?

Or are they telling you they want you to come back to work following your vacation -- not be out an additional two weeks because of your state's quarantine regulations?

If I visit any other states than the ones listed on my employers website I have to quarantine for 14 days before I can go back to work. Same for my husband

If I visit any other states than the ones listed on my employers website I have to quarantine for 14 days before I can go back to work. Same for my husband
Uh yeah...I think we all understand that.

BUT your company is NOT telling you not to visit those states. You can't visit those states because of quarantine requirements that have nothing to do with your employer. Right?

Absolutely.
No restrictions in terms of travel restrictions from the Powers that Be.
And it's not something I'd anticipate would happen, thank goodness.

Uh yeah...I think we all understand that.

BUT your company is NOT telling you not to visit those states. You can't visit those states because of quarantine requirements that have nothing to do with your employer. Right?

They are telling me the guidelines if I want to vacation anywhere other than the state they’ve listed
Seriously do you not get it if I come home from a three day vacation to Florida I have to take two weeks off before I can go back to work so that’s 17 days.
do you just wanna be argumentative or do you want to get the point of the post three days cost 17?
Oh and if I leave the country it’s 30 days!!!

Sorry you’re in a hotspot and we are not and we’re trying to keep it that way we mask we distance we don’t congregate in groups of 1000 on the beaches

Seriously do you not get it if I come home from a three day vacation to Florida I have to take two weeks off before I can go back to work so that’s 17 days.
do you just wanna be argumentative or do you want to get the point of the post three days cost 17?
Oh and if I leave the country it’s 30 days!!!
Wow...why so defensive? Doesn’t hurt to have a “friendly” discussion.

No restrictions from my company. 90% of the company have been working remote since March. Only the balance of us going in day to day from the start. Most bosses are working remote so vacation time gets approved and only when an email bounces back “out of office” do most even know or remember. I think it would only open a can of worms if the company decided to restrict personal travel. Don’t ask, don’t tell is the way I look at it from our “powers that be”.
Live in RI & work in MA. so not many vacation choices to avoid RI’s mandatory 14 day quarantine upon return.

No both Vermont and Rhode Island are now spiking

Oh crap, we have a rustic family cottage up there we need to take care of - but we can bring up all our supplies and have zero contact with the locals. Hope they let us travel there! We haven't even cleaned out the place this year, and the mechanical water pump needs to be checked regularly.

Oh crap, we have a rustic family cottage up there we need to take care of - but we can bring up all our supplies and have zero contact with the locals. Hope they let us travel there! We haven't even cleaned out the place this year, and the mechanical water pump needs to be checked regularly.

my ex lives there it’s not everywhere it’s like Florida pockets. But we have a governor here that is very very cautious he was one of the first to call for absolute masking and absolute distancing which is why my state is really low right now. I work for the state so they are very strict on where I can and cannot travel Without having to do the 14 day quarantine

My husband works for a food bank which comes in contact with the most vulnerable of our society so they are very strict on where he can and cannot go without quarantining

Massachusetts here too. My cousin works in a doctor's office and the practice is mandating a 14 day quarantine that is in line with the same expectation as the state. She said someone at the office was angry bc they wanted to go to Georgia for a long weekend and were told they couldn't return to work until they had quarantined for the 2 weeks.
I'm working remotely right now doing telehealth, so it would be a non-issue bc I do not need to be in the office. That being said, I am planning to stay in Massachusetts and go to the cape for vacation this summer anyway - better safe than sorry - the way some other states are handling things does not make me want to go there anyway.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter