• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Does your 4 yr old want to ride ToT?

hsembrick

DIS Veteran
My 4 1/2 yr old DD loves Haunted Masion, walks around saying "their are no windows and no doors mauhahaha", now she is asking if she is tall enough to ride ToT, which she is. Do you let your 4 yr olds ride this? I don't want this ride to be to much for her, but secrectly I'm so excited because I LOVE thrill rides!! So, on our next trip in September do I let her ride?
BTW she loves splash and thunder!

Both of my sons rode ToT by the time they were 5. They were a little scared in the pre ride show but loved the ride itself. After my older sons first ride he asked to ride it again and after my younger sons first ride he looked at me and said "that ride is sweet"

my son rode at 3 1/2!!

I was against the idea. He loves rides but I was afraid he'd ride TOT and it would scare the pants off him and then he wouldnt want to try other rides....
He wanted to ride because his 8 yr old cousin wanted to ride.

I ended up letting him do it and he did good (my 4 1/2 yr old niece also rode for the 1st time w/ him)

He did it and didnt cry but if you ask him if he wants to go again he says "nah one time is good"

dd who had just turned 4 the previous month rode it last year. i never really discussed it with her and she doesnt scary easily. so on our first nite i hauled her on with me, she just cleared 40 inches. but i clung to her dugint he drops i hurt her and think i scared her for life! lol but the last nite of our trip i wanted to go one last time, and she went with in the dark this go! i was stunned. then last months trip she went on it three times i believe but got the ghost thing a bit more and kept saying it was spooky...after time number three one week into the trip she was done. lol oh and she loves the ToT movie! wish i had bought the dvd while there!

Thanks I feel better knowing your kids where fine with it. I don't want to scare her into not riding it again bc it's one of my favorites!!

Mine rode it for the first time on her fourth birthday. (Coincidence, it wasn't some sort of rite of passage for her. Hee.) She would ride it over and over and over and over if given the chance.

My daugher is also not scared by HM (or Dinosaur, or Space Mountain, or really any of the rides that seem to scare some kids, including rides that scared *me* as a kid) so I think there's a good chance that if you've given her a basic idea of what happens on the ride and she still wants to go on it, there is a high probability she'll be fine.

I would if she likes those kind of rides. I have 1 who hates it and one who loves them. Up to the kid - have fun

My 4 year old rode it . But when she was five she wanted nothing to do with it!!

My DD was 5 this past Dec and wanted to ride it, but on the last day (day we were going to DHS) she got sick and couldnt do it. DW didnt want her to ride...we will ride it together in Oct.

Same experience. DS just turned age 4. Did TOT with me (DH). After the ride, I asked, "did you like that ride?" Answer "YES". "Do you want to go again?" Answer "Noooooooo!"

Other people on our ride had already been 3 times. They said our ride had the biggest drops of all of them! The drops do vary.

Thinking back, maybe I shouldn't have taken him on TOT. DS will be 5 next trip and he definitely wants to go again. We will do it, but it does seem like a very intense ride with the drops for a 4 or 5 yr old.

Then again, maybe I'm the one who is a little fearful....! DW will NOT get on TOT at all.

my son rode at 3 1/2!!

I was against the idea. He loves rides but I was afraid he'd ride TOT and it would scare the pants off him and then he wouldnt want to try other rides....
He wanted to ride because his 8 yr old cousin wanted to ride.

I ended up letting him do it and he did good (my 4 1/2 yr old niece also rode for the 1st time w/ him)

He did it and didnt cry but if you ask him if he wants to go again he says "nah one time is good"

And, honestly, we were sorry. It was early on in our vaca and he was more skiddish about rides later in the trip. He said he really enjoyed it when we got off, so I asked if he wanted to ride it again? He said, "NOOOO! but it was really fun." Then we went to MK, and he asked a lot of questions about pretty tame rides and had to be convinced to ride many things. It just depends on your child . . . we should have known better for our son.

My DD rode it when she was 4. She really didn't know what she was getting into. Like others have said, she said she liked it but didn't want to go again. She did love having bragging rights that she rode it when her older sister wouldn't. She would never get on it now at age 6. She's turned into a complete ride chicken!

My DD rode when she was 3 1/2 and LOVED it. She probably rode it 10 times on that trip. That was a year ago, and she still talks about it and says "it goes up, it goes down, it goes up, it goes down!" Too cute!

We just got back, and my 4 yr old BEGGED to ride ToT.... she met the height requirements, but I didn't let her (I know... I know.... I'm a Mean Mommy). I just thought it would scare the crap out of her.

She loved Spash Mtn, and Big Thunder as well... and gave me the silent treatment when she had to wait while we did Rider Swap for Space Mtn.... And now, almost a week after we've returned, she is STILL whining that she didn't get to ride Tower of Terror!!! :rotfl:

Needless to say, next time we go (next year, maybe), I will give in and let her ride. I really think she'll love it (.... the crazy little thrill seeker.... Lol).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter