Does WDW drop additional "day of" Fast passes?

nicko

Mouseketeer
I have heard that Disney adds some number of same day Fast pass slots to each park in the morning. Is this true? If so, what time does that happen?

Some have said they do, and some have even specified the time of day that this supposedly happens. I don't think this has ever been verified as fact. It isn't usually very difficult to get a same day FP+ for just about anything, even the top attractions, if your party isn't especially large and if you're persistent about refreshing the screen and keep checking. I wouldn't be too concerned about trying to time anything to coincide with the somewhat mythical FP+ drops.

Some have said they do, and some have even specified the time of day that this supposedly happens. I don't think this has ever been verified as fact. It isn't usually very difficult to get a same day FP+ for just about anything, even the top attractions, if your party isn't especially large and if you're persistent about refreshing the screen and keep checking. I wouldn't be too concerned about trying to time anything to coincide with the somewhat mythical FP+ drops.
There are a few times when they will drop new FP for a few select rides. I've benefited from it. You can tell the difference between random drops from other guests and these drops by Disney by the volume of times and numbers you can get. I've gotten to grab a FP for FoP for 7 during one of the drops.
But they aren't regular or consistent. And for sure not for ALL rides.

I haven't heard day of but heard 10:30 am was a good time. So i kept checking and about 10 days before we went i got slinky dog, fop, and 7 dwarfs by checking everyday at 10:30. I don't know if it was coincidence or what. I do know 7 dwarfs was when they announced extended times and this one was at 9:30pm at night so that one probably had to do with that. The other 2 was at 11am and 3pm so?????

There are a few times when they will drop new FP for a few select rides. I've benefited from it. You can tell the difference between random drops from other guests and these drops by Disney by the volume of times and numbers you can get. I've gotten to grab a FP for FoP for 7 during one of the drops.
But they aren't regular or consistent. And for sure not for ALL rides.

I can verify this. Ive seen it in person on several trips as Im an avid(obsessed) refresher. You can tell when its a large day of drop as opposed to a cancelation, by the number that appear at once. Usually in a certain time block.

The drops are same time each day for the same rides. They are predictable and happen nearly every day. From time to time some rides may not appear as per normal but that is usually caused by weather, rides having been down, sometimes crowd level, etc. MK is the only park without FP drops (FP availability will still be constantly changing but they are the normal releases from guests as opposed to the drops that Disney does). The rides and times can be found with a couple of Google searches (as well as searches on here).

The drops are same time each day for the same rides. They are predictable and happen nearly every day. From time to time some rides may not appear as per normal but that is usually caused by weather, rides having been down, sometimes crowd level, etc. MK is the only park without FP drops (FP availability will still be constantly changing but they are the normal releases from guests as opposed to the drops that Disney does). The rides and times can be found with a couple of Google searches (as well as searches on here).

Predictable and nearly are totally opposite.
Either it happens predictable and daily or nearly every day, which means it's unpredictable
It can't be both. If it's not daily it is random. Even if it's often.

Predictable and nearly are totally opposite.
Either it happens predictable and daily or nearly every day, which means it's unpredictable
It can't be both. If it's not daily it is random. Even if it's often.
Nearly every day is predictable. It takes something happening for it to not happen. I haven't had them not work when I have been there but have seen it when a ride was down for a period of time causing a backup and a drop not happening. It's predictable that I'll eat lunch....doesn't mean I eat lunch every day if something happens that keeps me from it. They are not random as I have shown in the past but believe what you wish.

I got home at midnight this morning from 4 days.
We looked each day for the drop and didn't see them drop for any rides
But crowds were moderate and we got most all passes that day without much issue. Looking for just 2 and no worries about times makes it easier.
It was not the same as the drop we found in Oct. That drop was in the afternoon by the way, around 3ish.

So, do you "see" fps from a drop if you are modifying an existing FP - like do you just see a lot of available times for a tough to get ride? Or only if you're selecting a new FP...hope my question makes sense...

Here's a "random" drop for a "random" ride at a "random" time this afternoon.....I just randomly knew exactly when to look at that park for that ride as it randomly happens nearly every day. This is one that I posted about back in November and December which is still happening. There are many more and I plan my park days around the drops, knowing exactly when I need to look depending on which park/ride we are looking for. Being able to get FOP & SDD multiple times per day comes in very handy. This is on top of the normal refreshing.

20190722_143305.jpg

So, do you "see" fps from a drop if you are modifying an existing FP - like do you just see a lot of available times for a tough to get ride? Or only if you're selecting a new FP...hope my question makes sense...

It works the same whether you are selecting or modifying. It just creates availability. It will still have the same restrictions for seeing it as any other FP. For instance, if you already have 3 FP's and are modifying a tier 2, you won't see the tier 1's show available.

It works the same whether you are selecting or modifying. It just creates availability. It will still have the same restrictions for seeing it as any other FP. For instance, if you already have 3 FP's and are modifying a tier 2, you won't see the tier 1's show available.

Thanks!! Makes sense - very helpful! :)

@JETSDAD -- Fight Club.....

I have no problem sharing that drops exist and don't require payment to say so. The info is available around the internet for free so people can easily find it if they look (I've also shared details here before it was hidden behind a paywall elsewhere). I was asked to not post times here anymore so I don't, but some can be found in previous posts.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter