Does this video depict level 6 crowds??

Everytime we go to Disney, I panic when we are there for rope drop and see the mass of people. But everytime, crowds throughout the day are well dispersed and much less scary than rope drop. So don't worry, you will be fine. We go during slow times. The busiest time we have gone were the last two weeks of August. Even that was not at all busy, but busy compared to our mid November and early December trips.

Remember that a lot of it can have to do with weather too in addition to day of the week. I was there last January on the last Wednesday of the month. It was rainy and cold, there was nobody there. I walked on space mountain at 11 am with zero wait. The picture below was taken just before noon.

Just few days later on Saturday it was warm and nice out, and with that in addition to being a weekend, it was so crowded you could barely walk down main street all day long. Still the last week of January, still a "slow time" but a much different experience because of day of the week and weather.

Excellent advice!!!! I think we are now leaning toward Sept 14 and 15 because rates and airfare are also cheaper. She has Monday and Tuesday off for Jewish holidays, we may just do a 3-4 night trip. Again, we are mostly doing MK, with a few rides at Epcot, and AK. This makes me feel better though if we have to choose end August. Our schools frown on taking kids out so kind of avoiding that. I think if anything only 2 unexcused absences are allowed in a row without a letter coming home . Though she is only going to be 7.
Maybe disney is more crowded nowadays, but at the very end of September 2006, I don't think the lines were more then 15 minutes all day.

Our Sept 2012 visit seemed more crowded than our July 2011 visit. Probably because we arrived at the parks about 30 mins later on that trip (I've told the story a hundred times or so but now DH believes me when I say "Rope Drop or Bust!") plan to be at low crowd parks in the morning and relax in the afternoons and you'll be fine!

MK First week of August 2014. Crowd level 8. (never going in August again!)

I agree!! Sone people can handle that, not me. I lose my patience when a mall gets crowded. Lol. But the crowds would be lower at end of August. Still sticking to September I think. Crowd level 1/3. The trip might be shirt, but probably more worth it fir the money . Thank you for showing me the picture. I would love to see more pictures of others trips .

You need to be prepared for the fact that you are likely to never again experience the low crowds/low wait times of your first trip. Disney manages its crowds very well. With all the various offerings and promotions during "slow" periods, there now is really NO slow periods.
In addition, as Josh at easywdw.com says, his crowd level predictions are based on a rolling 12 month time period. Meaning a 6 in 2011 is compared to other days in 2011 and has no comparison to a 6 level in 2015. A 6 in 2015 is more crowded than the 6 in 2011 was.
Hope that makes sense.

You need to be prepared for the fact that you are likely to never again experience the low crowds/low wait times of your first trip. Disney manages its crowds very well. With all the various offerings and promotions during "slow" periods, there now is really NO slow periods.
In addition, as Josh at easywdw.com says, his crowd level predictions are based on a rolling 12 month time period. Meaning a 6 in 2011 is compared to other days in 2011 and has no comparison to a 6 level in 2015. A 6 in 2015 is more crowded than the 6 in 2011 was.
Hope that makes sense.

I understand. We actually just booked the trip last night. We ended up doing September 11 to September 15. I know the crowd levels are are a 1/2 under another crowd calendar hopefully it will stay that way, but I understand it doesn't mean that the park will be empty.I figure the time will be better, and the rates were cheaper with airfare too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter