Does this sound like an ok plan? Christmas resort tour

Reese'smom

Mouseketeer
My parents are going to Disney World after Thanksgiving and want to do a resort tour. I don't want to plan too much so this is what I have. Please tell me how long each would take and if you would do something different. They don't really want to drive so using only Disney transportation. They're staying at Beach Club.

Bus to MK
Boat to Wilderness Lodge
Boat to Contemporary
Monorail to Grand Floridian
Bus to Hollywood, then boat to Boardwalk

Does this sound like an ok plan?

Your plan will work, but....just me....since they're staying at the Beach Club, why not just walk over the bridge to the Boardwalk and then start at the top of your list with the bus to MK from there? No sense adding a bus to HS and then a boat to Boardwalk unless that's what they want to do. Otherwise, I hope they enjoy every bit of their tour. As far as how long each would last, that is entirely up to them. I could sit in the lobby of Wilderness Lodge endlessly, especially at Christmas. Again, that's just me. They can make it as long or short as they want. There are other 'events' at each of the hotels such as the band/ orchestra at Grand Floridian depending on the time of day / night they go. So...again...I hope they enjoy!

Your plan will work, but....just me....since they're staying at the Beach Club, why not just walk over the bridge to the Boardwalk and then start at the top of your list with the bus to MK from there? No sense adding a bus to HS and then a boat to Boardwalk unless that's what they want to do. Otherwise, I hope they enjoy every bit of their tour. As far as how long each would last, that is entirely up to them. I could sit in the lobby of Wilderness Lodge endlessly, especially at Christmas. Again, that's just me. They can make it as long or short as they want. There are other 'events' at each of the hotels such as the band/ orchestra at Grand Floridian depending on the time of day / night they go. So...again...I hope they enjoy!

Great point! Thanks! I needed a fresh set of eyes on the plan. I had planned for them to end at Boardwalk because they have a dinner there, but I think they are gonna want to go change before dinner. Thanks again.

My parents are going to Disney World after Thanksgiving and want to do a resort tour. I don't want to plan too much so this is what I have. Please tell me how long each would take and if you would do something different. They don't really want to drive so using only Disney transportation. They're staying at Beach Club.

Bus to MK
Boat to Wilderness Lodge
Boat to Contemporary
Monorail to Grand Floridian
Bus to Hollywood, then boat to Boardwalk

Does this sound like an ok plan?

I would not bus to DHS and then take the boat to Boardwalk. That will take quite a long time. From GF, I would monorail back to MK and either take the bus back to Beach Club to change for dinner or take the bus to Boardwalk.

So what would be the easiest way for them to get back from Grand Floridian?

You can take the monorail (quicker) or the boat (more fun, IMO) back to the MK. Then take the bus to the BC from the MK.

OR you could Minnie van/Uber/Lyft/taxi from the GF to the BC (quickest).

I agree with the above about Uber or Minnie van. Also, might as well stop at Poly before GF too. Hope they have fun!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter