• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

does this sound like a correct $$

bigsis1970

Thanksgiving,a Birthday & our Anniversary 2017!
OK Here goes will try to keep it short. i am trying to stick to a budget of $3250.00 .Travel dates are Dec 1st to 15th 2001- People include me, DD 8, DS 5 - Mom and Sister till 9th only
(some cost such as 8 nights HIFS and Car split 3 ways for that time frame)

Hotels 563.12= HIFS -8 nights-$87.69 and ASMu 6 nights-$54.88(AP RATE) tax included
WDW AP's 956.12 =AP's for all 3 of us
Air 287.28= MHT- TPA Delta for the 3 of us
SW/BG Tix 206.85= 1 day for each park = seaworld/busch gardens
MVMCP 85.00 = Hope they go on sale soon
Car 175.00 = Dollar in TPA
Food 600.00 = All meals in hotel,parks,and Character-Kids eat free all meals at HIFS
This Totals $2873.37
This leaves $ 376.63 for gas and spending $$ - Kids will have $100.00 each from B-day and savings of their own. (divide $376.63 by 12 real spending days = 31.39 per day)
so does this sound ok? or am i nuts in thinking this will be enough .. Thanks for any tips or
advice.. Michelle
PS I love these boards- so glad i found them..

Everything sounds pretty good. The only questionable expense may be the food budget of $600 for 14 days. It sounds kind of light.

Hi the first 8 days I really only need to pay for myself. at HIFS everyone eats a full
hot breakfast for free and kids eat free w/ a paying adult for lunch and dinner I am allowing
a total of $25 per day(for those 8 days)w/ the exception of one character breakfast
and one character dinner, those days i have alloted $50. and then the next 6 days
when nobody eats free - on property ( we may go offsite as we will have car)-i have
alloted $50.00 per day ( $10/B $15/L $25/D) Still think its too light??? Thanks Michelle
Ps my DD eats 3 meals plus snacks-which we will pack, but my DS would be fine w/ only
2 meals and a snack or two.Me, well i like 3 meals as well

The food budget seems a bit light to me as well... $10 for breakfast is quite low if you're planning on eating at a restaurant....

How did you get 3 tickets from MHT to TPA for 297 round trip coming back on the 15th? I thought the flight was 178rt/each when I checked the last few days? We're flying from mht, that's why I ask!

To do that, I think you'd better stop at a grocery store and stock up before you leave HIFS - cereal and milk/juice in a cooler for breakfast, bread, PB&J, chips etc... for one other meal. I think your $50 per day would cover one meal and one snack. Maybe more if you can eat burgers and chicken strips that whole time. Check the menu prices on www.wdwig.com and see if you think you can eat where you'd like on that budget. The food is very expensive. BTW, we ALWAYS do the food in the cooler thing and find that our whole family is happier not sitting in restaurants three times a day, but we like our one nice meal to be fairly nice.

I bought my tickets last wednesday on delta.com and i have since been back - yesterday -
and noticed the lower $$ tix were already gone and the exact same flight #'s were $178.00..
Just lucky i guess.. At HIFS we all will eat a FREE full breakfast( eggs,pancakes,cereal, muffins)
around 1 or so we will go back to HIFS - kids eat free (11-4 at the food court) take a
rest/swim grab something to eat then go back to the park about 4 and if hungry have
something from a counter..We will be bringing water and snacks into the parks as well.
When we go to the ASMu i checked the WDWIG site and printed off the menu's (with prices)
for their food court looks like child's platter -eggs,bacon/sausage,hasbrown &biscut = $2.99
and adults is 4.19 or your basic muffin/bagel/ donut is about $1.50. for lunch we will most likely
eat just a snack and go off site to a buffet - sizzler or something similar -late afternoon/early
evening then go back to parks and again if hungry grab something small or from a counter..
Thanks Michelle- We are mcdonald kind of people not really fancy sit down kind..

Thanks for the answer!! I wish I'd got those flights too! I've been looking for over a week too!! UGH... I'm afraid I might wind up paying big $$$ for our flights, SWA is showing a rate of 243 when you call on the phone... I have GC's I was going to use to book the trip, but it's too much $$$ even with the GC's!! YIKES!

Have you checked on cheaptickets.com you just plug in the dates and choose
power search then it will show you prices w/rules and let you check avail..
I going to hold out for 120 days before my trip and go Bos to Mco hopefully
for $154. PP which i think would have been 8-3-01 its AirTran.. Keep checking
if i hear of anymore i will post them for you..

bigsis1970--The prices at your home Sizzler,and the Sizzler in Orlando WILL NOT BE THE SAME THEY ARE HIGHER IN ORLANDO!! At our home McDonalds our family can eat supper for $15.00 IN ORLANDO SAME STUFF AT McDonalds cost $30.00

Even off-site Everything is more Expensive!!!

Where you might save is IF there is a HIFS B1G1 coupon again this year about Nov. check this site and print the coupon for all the nights you will stay there!
http://www.basshotels.com/holiday-inn?_template=promos.html

I know its more in Orlando than here in Maine but don't they offer kids eat
free???...Actually we have a good rate at HIFS $79.00 plus tax as my mom will
also be with us the 1st to 9th and she is 50 so we got the senior rate. i have
a coupon for .99 cent kids meals at Uno's, i heard shoney's is good and not
too pricey-i have a 10% off coupon- and worse case a few pb & j's won't kill
our trip. Oh well Thanks for all the Info.. I will have to make it work as that is
what we will have..(without cutting into the 'fun money")

bigsis1970, if a sizzler steak is $6. in your townthen in orlando off site it will be $10. at WDW it will be $30 So,no matter what choose you make it will cost you more!! Even HIFS 1 Adult Buffet will cost $15.98. The Pizza Hut has only a few chooses + they ADD TIPS and delivery charges to your bill. The Fast food place is also higher priced.

So,if you have to stay on budget then pack a suitcase of food to take with you. Breakfast things like poptarts,breakfast bars[the fridge won't fit a gallon of milk],then everyone wear a belly pack that they can carry,jerky,nuts[not peanuts,tho]dried fruits,little debby star crunch's,granola bars,tuna fish lunch kits[watch the that mayo thothen when at the parks eat late Lunches[priced lower] 4:30 and then can get some dinner stuff,too.

Then go to the Kissimme Wal-Mart for Pop and Bottled Water and the Deli in wal-mart makes great Fresh 3' or 4'sandwiches,that can be cut in 3" pieces[the one w/roast beef was yummy

Good Luck

Yes, bigsis1970,HIFS does have a kids eat free. And I just wanted to Help you have a GREAT trip!! Food was where I thought I would save money. But I failed to realize that even off site things would be so High!!

Even with your great rate wouldn't, buy one night get one night FREE help out???

Have FUN,FUN,FUN!!!!!!

but they won't let us have two discounts.. Thanks for the idea though... it was a nice
thought... I suppose i will have to re-think the food budget according to all.. i will see
what i can do.. Thanks for all the help.. Michelle

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter