Does the Universal Express Pass still NOT include Hagrid's Motorcycle ride?

Hagrid's does not have Express. It does, however, use a virtual line from time to time. They use the VL on busy days. Sometimes it opens using VL; sometimes it opens with standby then switches to a virtual line.

When it uses VL, you grab your spot using this site: https://vltest.universalorlando.com/#

My recommendation is to check that site before you head back towards Hagrid's. If the VL is active, grab a time. If not, head back and get in line.

Thanks for this information! It seems weird to me that you can't access the virtual ride directly through the Universal Orlando app.

Hagrid's does not have Express. It does, however, use a virtual line from time to time. They use the VL on busy days. Sometimes it opens using VL; sometimes it opens with standby then switches to a virtual line.

When it uses VL, you grab your spot using this site: https://vltest.universalorlando.com/#

My recommendation is to check that site before you head back towards Hagrid's. If the VL is active, grab a time. If not, head back and get in line.

Thanks for this information! It seems weird to me that you can't access the virtual ride directly through the Universal Orlando app.
Yep, totally agree. The URL leads me to believe this is a test and, if successful, I'd guess they'll move it to the app. Who knows when that will be.

For now, those of us in the know have an advantage. ;)

Yeah I don’t think the current set up for Hagrids is working great. This week - admittedly as busy as it gets - the line never dropped below 120 minutes, often closer to 180. And it has yet to open with EE.

Meaning thousands of resort guests hustling to Hogsmeade then having nothing to do but swarm Velocicoaster. That had a 90 minute wait by the time we got there today at 8:30AM. Why they don’t employ a virtual queue at times like this is beyond me. That worked great for us for Guardians of the Galaxy on our recent Disney trip, and it seems like a much more equitable process. Can’t imagine many families with smaller kids - or even older adults - wanting to commit to waiting for hours in a claustrophobic line.

We went Halloween and Christmas weeks. No express lines. Wait times were consistently ~120 minutes when we checked. It was so cold during Christmas that all outdoor coasters didn't run until after 11 A.M.

I gotta think UO severely underestimated crowds this week. Both parks having EE ended Sunday, and they reduced the hours. Last week both opened for EE at 7AM, now only IOA at 8, with US opening at 9. And both closing an hour earlier.

Yesterday was the busiest I have ever seen it in Diagon Alley - literally a wall of people in some spots. Gringotts was at 150 minutes at one point. I know Florida schools went back today but that doesn’t seem to have made much of a difference.

Still we had a fantastic time, but we have EP through our hotel. Didn’t even think of trying Hagrids though. Volcano Bay, however, was a breeze with low lines all day this past Monday.

I gotta think UO severely underestimated crowds this week. Both parks having EE ended Sunday, and they reduced the hours. Last week both opened for EE at 7AM, now only IOA at 8, with US opening at 9. And both closing an hour earlier.

Yesterday was the busiest I have ever seen it in Diagon Alley - literally a wall of people in some spots. Gringotts was at 150 minutes at one point. I know Florida schools went back today but that doesn’t seem to have made much of a difference.

Still we had a fantastic time, but we have EP through our hotel. Didn’t even think of trying Hagrids though. Volcano Bay, however, was a breeze with low lines all day this past Monday.
Schools in my area of FL don't go back until Jan. 9th. I know a lot of people who are in Orlando this week, because they thought it would be much slower than Christmas week. Guess not.

Schools in my area of FL don't go back until Jan. 9th. I know a lot of people who are in Orlando this week, because they thought it would be much slower than Christmas week. Guess not.
Our area is all off until the 9th too. I think a lot of areas are. Anna everyone had the same idea.

I was hoping the waterpark would be absorbing some of the crowds today since the weather tomorrow won’t be as good. Didn’t seem to happen though with the sea of humanity in the parks. Unfortunately a number of rides were also having issues throughout Islands of Adventures all day today which didn’t help.

Oh I guess maybe it’s just the locals that went back today? We heard that from a family who lives in the area - their kids break ended yesterday - makes sense with the crowds that everyone else got the whole week, like us.

I know I'm in the minority, but I'm kinda glad Hagrid's and VC don't take express. Imagine how backed up the lines would get if express people were all going ahead, and riding over and over. VC might get it soon, as lines aren't nearly as terrible, but Hagrids, is way too popular. I've done the VQs for Rise and GotG at WDW, and I'm not a huge fan. We were able to get them every time we tried, but knew a lot of people who didn't ride Rise for any of their trips, when it was VQ only. I think there should always be an option for standby.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter