Does the stupid waste thing drive you crazy?

White_Rabbit18

Mouseketeer
I was watching a video on all the food items at the new art festival at Epcot and they are selling chocolate chip cookies in the shape of an artist palette and they put some type of different colored frosting on top an a plastic paint brush for kids to paint the cookie with. This seems ridiculous. Of course you could save the paintbrush and take it home but I am sure 80% of them end up in the bin for like 5 minutes of fun.

At least when they putting ice cream in a sand bucket then maybe I could imagine the kids would play with it later but I am sure tons got throw out because of valuable suitcase space and you could get it at the dollar store.

Am I the only one who thinks it is totally wasteful? Even those little plaster pipers for the drinks is a bad idea.

BTW I am not a person so into environmental issues but if we have to put up with paper straws then make better choices!!!

I was watching some vlogs thinking the same thing.

I was also wondering about the little paint pots, where people do the paint by number mural. I thought I remembered seeing people toss them into the garbage last year with partially paint filled pots. I hope they are reusing the pots this year.

I agree with you. There is tons of waste at the festivals. When you see someone with their fork in their back pocket, that is me. I hate the thought of not reusing it at each place.
We take our own sporks that we got at the F&W in 2018 or 19!

As someone that worked at a quick service in Epcot and was the closing shift often, I was always amazed at the amount of chicken nuggets + fries that were thrown away each night

I do not work at WDW that is true each night and not just nuggets & fries at all theme parks
Yep, for freshness we had to dump nuggets/fries every so often. I would try to hold on to them as long as I could but sometimes they just had to go

Likely some would complain no matter what they do. If they didn't make enough food and constantly ran out of things, that would be a problem. I would think any public food establishment tries to estimate who much they will sell and make the food accordingly. Sometimes they get it right, other times not. If the solution to saving the planet are things like those dreadful straws Disney now uses, I would suggest you bring your own from home. While I understand plastic straws are dangerous to animals and not used in any zoo, regardless of location, those dreadful paper straws @ Disney turn to mush even before you have finished your beverage.

It does, but it's also not exclusive to the festival. All restaurants waste an incredible amount of food and disposable plastic due to how they operate. I would like to see restaurants do better, but only a really obscene waste would get me to stop eating at a place.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter