• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Does the name on the room confirmation matter if it's linked to MDE?

winnieofpooh

DIS Veteran
We just realized that when our TA booked our room-only reservation, it was booked in my maiden name and DH's last name is spelled wrong (two letters flipped). We have it linked in MDE and everything is showing up fine. Will we get questioned about this at check in? Or will it not matter since it's linked in MDE? I'm not a huge fan of our TA so I try to avoid interaction with her as much as possible (LOL).

I'm sure they deal with married/maiden names and their not matching every single day. Doubt that will make them bat an eye
I take it the spelling is right in MDE and just wrong on the confirmation? That won't matter but if it's in MDE you should be able to fix that right up yourself.
I guess this is another issue (though very minor) in using a TA vs. booking using your own MDE account. If you book with MDE, then it matches it all up for you, less of a chance of an error like that when the computer fills in the names and such, instead of a human.

I'm sure they deal with married/maiden names and their not matching every single day. Doubt that will make them bat an eye
I take it the spelling is right in MDE and just wrong on the confirmation? That won't matter but if it's in MDE you should be able to fix that right up yourself.
I guess this is another issue (though very minor) in using a TA vs. booking using your own MDE account. If you book with MDE, then it matches it all up for you, less of a chance of an error like that when the computer fills in the names and such, instead of a human.

Yes our names in MDE are correct, just on the actual confirmation are wrong. We only booked through the TA to get the large discount. I totally agree with you, I'd rather be in control of it all myself!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter