• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Does the campground have Christmas decorations up yet?

NC State Tigger

'cause we all love State and I luv Tigger
Has Disney started putting up Christmas decorations at Fort Wilderness yet? What ablout campsites in campground?

If anyone has visited the Wilderness Lodge has decorating been done there?

We are debating campground or the lodge for our trip this week in 2023 and are hoping to see Christmas decorations. I know MK is decorated because MVMCPs have started and the gingerbread displays at Grand Floridian and other resorts are up, but am wondering when and if trees and decorations will be up in other resorts.

at the fort, we arrived last year, November 1st, Halloween decorations taking down and xmas going up, so as of last year, YES, Xmas music playing in all the parks

Has Disney started putting up Christmas decorations at Fort Wilderness yet? What ablout campsites in campground?

We are debating campground or the lodge for our trip this week in 2023 and are hoping to see Christmas decorations. I know MK is decorated because MVMCPs have started and the gingerbread displays at Grand Floridian and other resorts are up, but am wondering when and if trees and decorations will be up in other resorts.
We have watched the You Tube videos of people who always go to The Fort and yes the Christmas decorations were up on November 1st as well as some Halloween ones on the same site.

To clarify,

Campers start putting up Christmas decorations in their campsites immediately after Halloween. I saw some already up when I left the Fort a week ago (on November 2 actually).

The parks are in Christmas garb as well by now. I really enjoy the "Jingle Cruise" overlay.

The Fort itself is generally NOT decorated until around/after Thanksgiving (pre-pandemic). No tree out in front of Trails End, no garlands on bus stops, Trading Posts, Pioneer Hall area, or the check-in building. Never before Thanksgiving as I recall.

It used to be that the resorts were in a lottery drawing every year to see when they would get their Christmas decorations put up in one night so the Fort was never done on the same predictable night. Some times it was Thanksgiving night, another year about be 2 nights after, and so on. They were all done in the span of a few short days but the EXACT date always varied slightly.

Of course, the process could be completely different post-pandemic and I hope someone will let us know. But before the pandemic that had been the operational pattern.

Bama Ed

Last edited:

We are here now and have been here since the 30th. The Halloween went down right away and then up the next day was Christmas for a lot of campers and that was sooo cool to see!!
It took the Fort a few days to take down all of the halloween stuff and now the Christmas is slowly going up. Not a lot of campers here have Christmas stuff up yet, and with the impending storm, many of us took it all down anyway. Give it a few more days and it will get a lot more festive next week!

Edited to add:
As far as the shops, they are already getting Christmas stuff in and it's selling out in the same day! I blame a lot on resellers, but keep your eyes open for that too and don't second guess something if you see it and want it! LOL

Me and DW checked in today 11/13/22 and it's a big NO in the loops I've been in thus far.

Not many camper decorations, ZERO Disney decorations on the buildings, bus stops, and Trading Posts. Not the entrance sign on Vista Blvd, not the Checkin Building, etc.

The background music in the public spaces is not holiday music but the same ol' regular background loops.

Things usually happen a day or two after Thanksgiving.

Bama Ed

@NC State Tigger , I'll be there Nov 2023, and hoping for some Christmas decor to see!

Yes…. Right by our site in loop 400. More and more arriving every day.

Attachments

• 898D6F65-7BA0-4A24-A018-0D2CF9466BA4.jpeg
    898D6F65-7BA0-4A24-A018-0D2CF9466BA4.jpeg
    156.8 KB · Views: 24
We checked in today. As I reread this thread I had to stop and think. I even asked Lucille to double check and make sure my old timers wasn't kicking in.
As we drove up to the check in station there was NONE of the Garland and Wreaths we have seen in the past. Likewise the Front Entrance to the outpost and the Outpost Bus depot were UNADORNED.
Going to P&J's to pick up a Giddy up and Go for dinner I don't recall seeing any Decorations adorning The Meadows trading post. Pioneer Hall and Trails End were both devoid of any Holiday Fanfare as was the Settlement Trading Post. When I looked in the glass showcase inside P & J's for the Refill Mugs there were 2 styles of 50th Anniversary and 2 standard but NO HOLIDAY THEMED.
The Tree at the settlement was the only official Acknowledgement of THE HOLIDAYS I saw. Tomorrow Lucille and I will do a tour just to make sure

PS. Happily we are decorating our cart for CHRISTMAS and Lucille has turned our dashboard into a Holiday display.

Okay so we rode around today after doing a repair to our refrigerator and Yes all those locations with the exception of the drive thru check in have SOME, GARLAND up.
Unlike in the past where it was up front and hard to miss, this year it is a single stand and if you are not looking for it, it is easy to miss.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter