Does the blue bayou fantasmic package booking exsist..

Not sure if this is outdated info, but when we went at the end of July, we weren‘t able to book any fantasmic reservations via Blue Bayou. So I talked to 2 CM on 2 different occasions and they both said I could upgrade to it when we sat down at Blue Bayou. That turned out to be true. We made the standard BB dinner reservations and when we arrived and sat down for dinner, we asked for the fantasmic package. It was a different menu and no seat cushions were given. When we got to the prime seating area, it was extremely chaotic and very disorganized. There were multiple lines (one for BB, one for RBT, one for Hungry Bear) but no ropes.
Disney stated after august 27th it requires booking ahead of time online. You are correct that in a July you could request it from your server.

I got a Mouse**** alert today for October 22 for BB Fantasmic for two times (odd times, but I digress). It was late and I didn’t hear the text so was gone before I actually clicked on it.
Really?!! That so crazy and the first ive heard of any October dates opening up.

I was one of those who was able to book before 6am. I kept watching for several weeks incase they opened the BB fantasmic packages for the days I was looking for along with the daily ADR drop @6am Pacific (I work nights Pacific time zone so I am always checking early). So I do not believe they have ever dropped, along with the chat telling me they have not dropped that first weekend they jut told me to keep checking for it to drop. I was able to book Trader Sam's, LL, Oga's etc, as well as the River Belle Premium. We would rather have Blue Bayou fantasmic. I actually dropped the normal Blue Bayou reservation we had for October 1st, which is our arrival day. We have kept the River Belle Premium as this was a sure thing and my daughter is running a reservation finder for October 2nd for regular Blue Bayou hoping for the upgrade with the email saying we can upgrade at podium. I truly miss the Fantasmic dessert party from years ago with the assigned chairs and view.
Any idea how you were able to book before 6am?

Any idea how you were able to book before 6am?
No, I booked with the app. I have also seen reservations open on website early as I do continue to check for BB fantasmic to magically appear for October dates with the morning drops. My two paid BB fantasmic reservation finders have never sent an update for times Oct 1st or 2nd, they have been in place since the beginning.

This is pure speculation..

But one wonders if Disney has a glitch or whatever you call in their systems that maybe they don't completely know about.. OR they have purposely done something with reservations where the dinning alerts don't catch them anymore or they release randomly. I don't believe blue bayou fantasmic reservations have even become available for our October 15 date.. but there are just weird things going on with the system that I think only those of us really in-tune to it are noticing. Here are my 3 points ..

1. Whatever is going on with the blue bayou fantasmic reservations past the first weekend in October.

2. Some of us ran into an issue with WOC dessert parties for October 10 and 12th. If they ever dropped or became available I did not get an alert from the alert programs. I was able to get one for the 14th. WOC is on the calendar for those days.

3. This weirdness where some folks can see and reserve things early before 6am while others cannot.

4. I am seeing reports on here and in Facebook groups about folks seeing no availability for things who are starting to book for November. People trying right at 6am.. no princess breakfast, no ogas, ..

Is this a case of Disney not loading them in? A glitch? Who knows./

I 100000000% agree with who ever here said Disney needs a way to distinguish between "tables are gone" and "not available to book yet"

Anyway. Hubby and I are going to look at the Riverbelle and hungry bear Fantasmic menus tonight. We have 4 weeks until the trip and once I'm there I don't want to be on my phone still trying to grab something... I like to have our plans in the place.

This weirdness where some folks can see and reserve things early before 6am while others cannot
This is purely speculation, but I think this an attempt to mess with notification services. I had signed up for a notification service for WOC dessert (before the date was even open). The morning it opened, I was able to reserve at about 3am Pacific, I ended up getting the notification exactly at 7am, meaning what ever server the notification was on, couldn't see it until then.

Of course the whole mess is probably just Disney IT being Disney IT, but the sceptic in me wants to make it into something more sinister 😂. The whole stupid thing is just frustrating and irritating.

This is pure speculation..

But one wonders if Disney has a glitch or whatever you call in their systems that maybe they don't completely know about.. OR they have purposely done something with reservations where the dinning alerts don't catch them anymore or they release randomly.

This is purely speculation, but I think this an attempt to mess with notification services. I had signed up for a notification service for WOC dessert (before the date was even open). The morning it opened, I was able to reserve at about 3am Pacific, I ended up getting the notification exactly at 7am, meaning what ever server the notification was on, couldn't see it until then.

Of course the whole mess is probably just Disney IT being Disney IT, but the sceptic in me wants to make it into something more sinister 😂. The whole stupid thing is just frustrating and irritating.
I suspect we will never know, but I'm leaning toward Disney IT being Disney IT. But IF Disney wanted to mess with notification services, what does Disney gain by doing that? I think it works better for them to have all dining slots filled. Especially for dining packages because it doesn't really cost them extra to have those. Disney is probably missing out on revenue by NOT having their own notification service (although I don't want to give Disney any ideas because they would charge us 4 times the price.

But IF Disney wanted to mess with notification services, what does Disney gain by doing that?
They would gain control. Years back, it was impossible to get reservations at WDW, because they would immediately get snapped up by bots, and then resold by a 3rd party for profit. They made changes to their system to shut that down, but maybe they want to avoid that happening at DL. Again, just a theory. I really believe the problems are likely just caused by incompetence.

They would gain control. Years back, it was impossible to get reservations at WDW, because they would immediately get snapped up by bots, and then resold by a 3rd party for profit. They made changes to their system to shut that down, but maybe they want to avoid that happening at DL. Again, just a theory. I really believe the problems are likely just caused by incompetence.
Good point. And I agree, incompetence is probably what is happening here.

I think they dropped. I had put out an alert for a table for 2 on the 8th or 9th, for lunch or dinner. I got a hit on the 8th at 450p and 120p.

I looking for October 16 - hopefully something will drop soon AND I'll see it.

I had BB Fantasmic reservations come up for Nov 11 right at 6:00 AM. I excitedly selected the best time for me (11:50) before noting it was for the 2nd show. 2nd show does not work with the kids and by the time I got back to select times everything was all gone. I feel like such an idiot. I got a River Belle reservation and will keep my dining alert active but feel I probably missed my one chance.

The plot thickens! People now getting november?!? While some of us have never seen our October dates open?!?!! What is happening?!?!

SO glad I made backups with hungry bear and a regular blue bayou for a different day. This is insane. Are they really going so fast that even those of us on disboards aren't seeing them AT ALL??!?!

The plot thickens! People now getting november?!? While some of us have never seen our October dates open?!?!! What is happening?!?!

SO glad I made backups with hungry bear and a regular blue bayou for a different day. This is insane. Are they really going so fast that even those of us on disboards aren't seeing them AT ALL??!?!
Honestly, might be a case of them purposely not opening them for that date for some reason.

Honestly, might be a case of them purposely not opening them for that date for some reason.
Maybe. Seems weird tho. Fantasmic is on the schedule and the other options opened up. Oh well! I think I'm giving up haha. 4 weeks until our trip..

he plot thickens! People now getting november?!? While some of us have never seen our October dates open?!?!! What is happening?!?!
It does seem quite strange. I had dining alerts set up to see if they would release to day at 6:00 AM and 60 days out. I should have received dozens of alerts if they released the whole day. I only got about 10 alerts and alert text does not state show time. Where/how are they disappearing before 6:00 AM 60 days?

I think for my sanity I'm giving up. Seriously. I just did the math too. The hungry bear package will cost my family $130.

The BB package was going to cost us about $350 (this included 20% tip)

We can do the hungry bear package and eat regular blue bayou for less than just the cost of the BB package. It was just that the hungry bear food wasn't super interesting to us. But this is driving me nuts so unless I magically get some alerts and it pops up I'm done!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter