Does someone who's lost some weight know the answer?

lmhall2000

May the road rise to meet you....May God hold you
It's warmer outside now- even at 6am- so I've really had to wear shorts on my walks- now my shorts generally come down halfway to my knees or all the way to my knees. But at what point will my shorts STOP riding up??????? It's been 8 years since I've been under 200 that I really can't remember. I resort to pulling my waist down to mid hip level but even that only lasts for about 3 minutes then it jumps back up to my waist. I just HATE having them ride up- is there an answer???

And when I'm at Disneyworld I want so badly to reach up and pull the shorts down on ladies where their shorts are wedged so tightly in their crotches- it makes ME uncomfortable!! Hoping this next trip being under 200 I won't have this problem.

Thanks guys!!
Tara

I think it might have something to do with the material the shorts are made from, I have 100% cotton shorts and they don't seem to ride up. I've found that if the shorts are not "form fitting" I don't have that problem, either.

What about wearing tight spandex shorts? Like the ones that bike riders wear? I know those wont ride up. You can buy them at Marshalls for about $13. I wear them under my regular shorts when I play softball...(in case I need to slide) You can also get some workout shorts that cling and shoudn't ride up either.

ROFL!!!! Tara, I can just see you on patrol in your new position at Disney--the Wedgie Police!! :teeth: If you come back from your next trip with red slap marks all over your face we will know that you succumbed to the urge!

Sorry, don't know the answer to your question, though.

lol.gif
lol.gif
lol.gif

Tara!! {{{{HUGS}}}} Thanks for the great laugh this afternoon! I think I know exactly what you are talking about. You mean when the fabric between your legs starts rising up as you are walking? Not the outer part just the inner part, right? I can tell you it won't stop when you hit 199, because it is still happening to me.
FQembarass.gif

You are doing SO great on your walking!! I want to encourage you not to worry about how it looks when you are walking! Wear those shorts with pride because YOU are walking your way to better health!! Make yourself comfortable and Go, Girl, GO!!

PS: Tara, if you ever move to the Nashville area, will you be my neighbor? I would love to shake, jiggle, wiggle and flap my way to good health with you!

Hey Tara. I walk in my tommy jean shorts they are regular short length and i walk in my cotton shorts and i don't have a problem. I don't think it's weight related so much is the type and fit you may or may not be getting from longer shorts. If you have some regular cut jean shorts try them for a short walk and see if it helps you any.

154 lbs, and still sometimes have that problem. (And my weight is in my hips and butt--not in my legs!)

Okay, when I wear my Nike nylon-type short workout shorts, they bunch up between my legs. I have to pull them down every so often. Now, my favorite Docker's (which are also pretty short) are cotton and have a wider leg. They don't bunch up.

The shorts I have on in my pic on the photo page are also cotton but longer. They don't bunch up, they just go "fwap, fwap, fwap" when I walk :p .

It must be a fabric thing.

BTW, I thought I'd add that would be page 7 of the photos, and gosh is that an awful picture. I look like I'm balling out my kids. Geez, this is how I'll probably look most of the summer. Bwhaaaaaaaa. Just kidding.

I have just noticed in the past couple of days that my shorts are not bunching! I am not under 200 yet, so I really think it stops when your legs shrink enough, so that they dont touch. Then the materiel is free to move. It took me ten months to get to this point....;) Hang in there!!!

Now THAT's FUNNY- me wearing spandex walking shorts- OH MY GOSH- I'd have to have a T-shirt that reached my knees to cover all the bulges- I don't know what caused it but after my first child- my hips spread in every direction! I think my big problem is my big upper thighs- they don't just rub together they pick up that fabric and SUCK it in!! I'm a cotton fan, I only buy 100% cotton shorts- and these are very baggy- they have elastic waists and hang loose 2/3rds to my knees. I have to walk like a cowboy for 3 seconds for the fabric to escape- I wish I could videotape myself- it must be a hoot!

Give me 20 more pounds down and I might consider some spandex shorts- and you're all gonna see the pictures!! :) I've even thought of duct taping quarters to the inside to weigh them down. Guess that's just another thing to look forward to with this Onward & Downward mantra. Feeling your hip bones, having less square area to shave on your legs, having to put more water in your tub because you're displacing less, and having shorts stay down as you walk. Will the excitement never end????

Thanks gals- you gave me support and a HA! :)
Tara

OhMom and I have had this conversation and I tell you the whole world will know when I can stand and my inner thighs don't meet!!! I am thinking that would be when the "bunch up" stops too. I agree that some do - some don't. Hate it when they do!

I am sitting here thinking I hate the shorts I have on right now - they are "bunchers"- I was thinking about changing them before I sat down to read the boards now I am going to change and put this pair in my "give-a-way" bag! Just ain't worth keeping them any longer.

thanks for the lift - I needed a good laugh today :D

I found the best clothes for working out--I walk 3 miles in the mornings...I was at Kohl's yesterday, and found these shorts, not too short, not too long, easy waist, not too high on my waist (wedgie-less) WONDERFUL!! They are "Russell Athletics Dri Wear" and they are a real soft, polyester material with all these little holes in them. They breathe, don't make any noise, don't ride up my crotch, nor fall down....I just love them!! They also had tanks to put with them--not tight spandex tops, but comfortable tops. I'm going back for more!

I found great shorts that do not ride up at all!!!!!! I found them at walmart. They are just my size stretch shorts. Don't be fooled by the name. The material looks like denim, but stretches. I bought them in blue, black and also a pair in red. They are absolutely WONDERFUL!!!!!!!!!!!!

CORRECTION to the workout clothes....they are: Russell Athletic Dri-Power...they are wonderful!!!!

Originally posted by lmhall2000
[B
Feeling your hip bones, having less square area to shave on your legs, having to put more water in your tub because you're displacing less, and having shorts stay down as you walk. Will the excitement never end????

Thanks gals- you gave me support and a HA! :)
Tara [/B]

Wow, Tara, I had never thought of the leg shaving bit. Now I really do feel that I'm working toward a worthwhile goal!:D :D

Yeah, I've got that problem, too!:mad:

I used to just wear the stretchy "bike shorts" , with very long, loose t-shirts! Of course, those don't ride up.

Now that I've lost weight, I wear other kinds, too. But other than the stretchies, the only ones I've found that don't ride up are denim shorts. I guess because they are a thicker, heavier fabric?

I think I'd have to weigh 95 pounds to not have my thighs touching!!:(

Debbie:earsgirl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter