Does Santa wrap presents or doesn't wrap?

Grumpy's Gal

DIS Veteran
growing up, Santa didn't wrap. We got up and non wrapped gifts were under the tree. How we knew what gifts were for whom.... no idea.

When I became a parent, I was shocked to learn that Santa wrapped in paper that had Santa on it. Then he left the extra paper under the tree as a gift to us.

Does Santa wrap at your house?

Last edited:
Kids are older now, but when they were little, Santa would wrap with gift wrap that Mom and Dad didn't have (I kept it hidden until after Christmas and then would add it to the stash afterwards).

No names, though. I'd keep the gifts in separate bins - they had their own "side" of the tree.

Growing up Santa never wrapped. Everything was laid out in piles by kid. With DH, Santa wrapped. When DD was born Santa wasn't going to wrap but he insisted. I'm still not sure how he won that one since I was the one that had to do the wrapping.

Santa wraps in paper that has Santa's picture on it, and leaves the rest of the roll. Each child's "santa gifts" are stacked beneath his/her stocking. Gifts from family are under the tree with tags. (Although a lot of them have wrapping paper with Santas on them too... because we have a LOT of half-rolls of Santa paper!)

Growing up, Santa presents were always wrapped. (We never got presents "from our parents." That never seemed weird to me.) Each child's gifts were wrapped in paper that suited their interests. For instance, if there was Grinch paper, those were my gifts. The Grinch was my favorite Christmas special. If there was penguin paper, that was for my sister. She's always liked Penguins.

DH and I both grew up in homes where family gifts were wrapped and placed under the tree all month long. Theses gifts are opened late on Christmas Eve. Christmas morning, you wake up and Santa has set up gifts from him under the tree (where the empty space is now that gifts were opened), unwrapped and set all nicely, assmebled, ready to go like a store window display. He also filled stockings with unwrapped gifts.

This is the tradition that continued on our home as our kids grew up.

Never. When my kids were little presents from Santa were left in piles per child next to fireplace with the plate of cookies and milk partially eaten.

I have friends in their late 20s and 30s who want to be married. Most of the men do not want to settle down. I don't know if relationships are on decline. What I do know is that less men want to settle down in their 20s and sometimes 30s.

What about the poor Reindeer? :rotfl:We always left carrots out for Rudolph:thumbsup2

Santa never wrapped when they were little. When they got older he started - wonder why?!?

All gifts here are wrapped, except for what is in the stockings. When the kids were little, Santa had his own wrapping paper. Both Santa and I sometimes had/have specific paper for each child.

I grew up in a house where all the gifts came from Santa and were wrapped. Each child had their own wrapping paper. I have continued this with my kids. We did get to open one present after we got home from my grandmas Christmas Eve. They were always PJ's. Never put it together when I was little that my mom was Santa.

In my house, Santa put presents under the tree weeks before Christmas. With tags that said, "To Aaron, From Santa." In my mother's handwriting.

I had the whole thing figured out by kindergarten.

Captain-Picard-Facepalm.jpg

I think he did when I was growing up.

Now he does not. He has one toy assembled (if need be), unwrapped under the tree.

santa wraps, each person gets their own wrapping paper - makes it easier to determine who's is who's on christmas morning.

I did the same paper for each kid too. And Santa Wrapped in the same paper. To keep my girls from figuring it out....I think I told them that I told Santa what paper to use :) I also told them that in college I worked for Santa so I could call him anytime and let him know what was going on :) I think I actually did once. They didn't believe me so I dialed him up right then and chatted with him :):)

edit to add: My girls even got presents from Rudolph and Mrs. Claus sometimes. Also from our pets :) Just little stuff that was too big for the stocking but not enough for a "real" present!

Yes, at my house growing up, my mom would wrap the gifts from her and my dad and place them under the tree ahead of time/as she got them. Then on Christmas morning, the additional gifts from Santa would be there, wrapped in different paper and labeled from Santa. My mom is a real fancy gift-wrapper, but I remember what tipped me off to my parents being Santa was when I became old enough to recognize my mother's fancy handwriting was the same as Santa's.

Growing up, Santa didn’t wrap, and he doesn’t here, just piles. All of the gifts are from Santa except matching pajamas and personalized ornaments from mom.

All gifts were wrapped. Each gift had a to/from tag taped to it. Gifts were put out by our parents after we had gone to bed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter