Does Riviera opening date indicate when SWGE will open.

AdamsMum

DIS Veteran
Do you think SWGE opening will coincide with Riviera? Or are the two completely unrelated? Dec 16 is technically still Fall 2019.

I would expect DVD would like the Riviera to be open before SW:GE opens to get all those cash reservations, but I doubt if Disney and DVD coordinate the opening.

Riviera could also open earlier too. Anything at this point is just speculation.
So you think that December 16 is just a booking date for the public? Not a serious opening date for the resort? Never occurred to me.

So you think that December 16 is just a booking date for the public? Not a serious opening date for the resort? Never occurred to me.
I think that it's a date that they can guarantee that the resort will be open. As of today, they may not be confident that it will be ready for guests prior to that date.

I think having a new resort open and ready for holiday bookings in addition to the SWGE piece is what's driving that date.

They are certainly charging top dollar for these rooms. Disney is reporting SWL to open in late fall - well with fall technically ending 12/20 then the 12/16 opening date for Rivera is likely very close to the actual SWL opening date. I would imagine that if SWL was opening earlier they would put a push on to get Rivera open earlier. They expect people to swarm WDW for the opening and if they are fresh out of rooms on property then all these people will find rooms off site. Disney being a smart business doesn't want to lose money to competitors so they will have Rivera open in time for the SWL opening. It is the perfect storm for them - brand new resort, new gondola and SWL opening - can you see the $$ signs.

So with the reporting of late fall SWL opening with all the precise technical people in this world there is no way they are going to open the land in "winter"

I would guess they will push hard to have Star Wars open well before then. It just doesn't make sense to open the new land right before the holidays, so they already sell out the parks around them. mid-November, if they can get the work done on time, is my best bet.

I think that it's a date that they can guarantee that the resort will be open. As of today, they may not be confident that it will be ready for guests prior to that date.

There was also that announcement that existing DVC members willl have ability to book Riviera soon... I forget if the wording was “spring” or “March” or intentionally vague.

I wouldn’t be surprised to see some dates released in April (or even March) at the 7mo booking window for November (October?) if they do feel it’s going to be ready for then.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter