• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Does everyone have to check in moonlight magic at same time?

borgthe

DIS Veteran
One of our party can make it until 10. The rest of us are going at 6pm. Can we still get that person in?

No. The entire party must check in at the same time.

Stupid question. Can the primary meet them after the fact/later outside and get them in? Probably not, but worth the extra ask.

We had this exact scenario play out at Hollywood Studios during last year's Moonlight Magic. My wife had a last minute work appointment pop up and had to fly down the evening of the party. We entered the park just about as early as we were allowed. She did not make it until about 9:30 pm. After a bit of back and forth with the cast members at the gate, she was let in, and given her snack vouchers.

I believe we were shown some grace due to confusion and rules being changed for MM entry recently. We asked 3 DVC CM's day of and were told by all 3 she would be able to get in so long as all our tickets were not used at the time the rest of the party entered.

I'm sure there is a good reason they've changed the entry process, a little hard to see from our point of view.

We did DHS last July, there were 5 of us. There was a storm and 2 people decided to hang back at Pop. Then they decided to eat there. 3 of us went around 7:00. We have AP’s, so we went in with our AP and planned to meet the others at the inside wristband station by Sci-Fi and get everyone’s wristbands. They didn‘t get there until right after 9:00 and they would not let them in with their AP’s to meet us inside. So we had to go out the gate and get all our wristbands there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter