Does Disney still transfer luggage for split stays?

I really hope so! We have a split with WL, CBR and Riviera in 2023. I was thinking it might be easier to walk our luggage from CBR to Riviera, lol

Thank you!
How do you arrange this? Do you drop the luggage off at the lobby?
How long do they say it will take?

I’m interested in learning more about this as well. When you arrive at your next resort, will all your luggage already be in your next room or do you have to go through the checkin process?

Yep, you can either call bell services to come get your stuff from your room (let them know you need to transfer it to a new resort so they bring the proper tag thing), or you can take your luggage straight to bell services. We usually drop ours directly at bell services since we are usually on our way out to a park anyway, and we can stand there and make sure it all gets written down properly. Usually the luggage arrive kinda late at the new resort, for us it was usually around 5 pm, just go to the bell services desk with your ticket and ask or call from your room phone and ask. They'll let you know if they have received the luggage transfer or not. If they have they will bring it to your room, someone will need to be in your room though, they will not automatically bring it to your room (it's just like if you arrive and your room isn't ready, you have your ticket you're give with the corresponding number to the luggage tickets, go to the desk or call from your room and ask for it)

Has anyone noticed bell/luggage services reducing their offerings, similar to housekeeping?

Has anyone noticed bell/luggage services reducing their offerings, similar to housekeeping?
No, they’re still doing it the same way they were pre-closure. They had already made some changes pre-closure, but nothing new that I’ve noticed since then. Sometimes at a few resorts I’ve noticed fewer workers when we show up, but generally someone always shows up (or we go inside and go “hey, anyone able to help?” And they send someone immediately…and start looking for the people who are supposed to be out there). They are always pretty quick for us with the luggage, both dropping off and picking up, but just like pre-Covid they have put a limit to grocery delivery stuff and the delivery of ECVs (but that was put in to place in the “before times”)

AFAIK, the only significant change has been that they won't transport refrigerated/frozen items (but they will store them if you bring them). I don't think the pandemic had anything to do with that change - I think it was because they don't have trucks with the necessary equipment to keep things at required temperatures during transport.

I'm doing my first split stay, and solo at that. So if I understand correctly, I can drop my bags off at bell services in the morning on my way to the park, then in the evening when I'm done with the parks, I can go to my new hotel, go to bell services and grab my bags then take them into my new room myself?

Thanks for all the info, this is such a great resource to have! My OCD/Anxiety just cycles various scenarios without the info.

I'm doing my first split stay, and solo at that. So if I understand correctly, I can drop my bags off at bell services in the morning on my way to the park, then in the evening when I'm done with the parks, I can go to my new hotel, go to bell services and grab my bags then take them into my new room myself?

Thanks for all the info, this is such a great resource to have! My OCD/Anxiety just cycles various scenarios without the info.
Or you can go to your new room and call bell services and they’ll bring them to the room for you, that’s what I usually do on solo trips (because I always over pack and it gets heavy 😂). I too have anxiety, I hate not knowing what to do, but trust me when I say it’s super easy! I’ve done many split stays on solo trips, just drop them off at bell services on your way out in the morning and let them know you need them transferred to your new/next resort and they’ll fill out the tag/form thing with all the info and let you know the time frame. Get to the new resort later, I usually give the luggage till 5, and either go to the desk or call from your room to get your stuff. Easy Peasy.

Our January trip was the first time we tried this with a split stay. We had one night at the Swan, a Marriott owned Good Neighbor resort, and they transferred our luggage and many Target purchased beverages to our French Quarter hotel.

I know they won't do refrigerated items but other food and bottles of soda are fine, right? Can I bring them down to bell services in the regular shopping bags or do they need to be in luggage of some sort?

I know they won't do refrigerated items but other food and bottles of soda are fine, right? Can I bring them down to bell services in the regular shopping bags or do they need to be in luggage of some sort?
So when I did it at Swan, I can’t remember if I kept all the individual bottled cokes in their target bag, or if I managed to transfer them all into those free Disney parks bags. I may have done a combination. I had brought some with me from previous trips so it wouldn’t look odd that we had so many Target bags. It reminded me of the old Jeff Foxworthy bit:

They showed up at the airport they were usin’ coolers and grocery bags for luggage. The sky cap was like "which ones yours? the samsonite?" They were like, "no we got the igloo with the duct tape on it and the 5 Piggly Wiggly bags right there!"

BTW, if you are doing any drive up grocery pick ups, or delivery, they don’t always come in bags, so better be prepared. My original plan was to buy the large 50th anniversary bag to carry all our stuff in. They were out the ENTIRE trip we were there. Was able to get a free paper bag with handles of a similar size which I used to haul all our souvenirs back home in at Universal. Pretty much everything WDW got wrong on that trip, Universal got right. But that’s a different story.

Just call from your room on both ends. Give yourself a bit of time before checking out and call to request that they pick up your bags. Tell them where you will be next. When you're ready to go to the next hotel and it's after checkin time, go to your room and call bell services to have them deliver.

When I had luggage transferred in March, I put all my bottled beverages in a large Disney Parks reusable shopping bag. They tagged and transferred it just like regular luggage. :thumbsup2

In the past, we just gave them a call before we left for the park, gave them the number of luggage pieces to be moved and where to and they would pick them up later. Is that still an option or do you need to be in them room when they come by to pick the things up?

We are staying at AKL the whole time but will be staying in a Savanna room and then transferring to a standard. If we’re staying in the same resort will they transfer the refrigerated things?

In the past, we just gave them a call before we left for the park, gave them the number of luggage pieces to be moved and where to and they would pick them up later. Is that still an option or do you need to be in them room when they come by to pick the things up?
You need to be in the room, to receive the claim check you’ll need to get them back. And to tip them, of course. If we’re on our way to a park on our change day, we often drop our luggage off on our way, instead of waiting for them to come up.

Just call from your room on both ends. Give yourself a bit of time before checking out and call to request that they pick up your bags. Tell them where you will be next. When you're ready to go to the next hotel and it's after checkin time, go to your room and call bell services to have them deliver.
Hm, if I have to put it in my car, I might leave in there as well until we get to the other resort in the evening.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter