Does Disney offer Canadians a better discount in light of the horrible exchange rate?

Kaylyn2107

Earning My Ears
So, my last trip to Disney was in 2014 and we booked in 2013 when the Canadian dollar was not that bad. I don't think it was still par, but it wasn't anywhere where it's at now. We paid about $2600USD and lucked out with free dining so it came to about $2800 and change CAD.
I'm pricing it out this year and it's almost 10K CAD! Although, the first time my son was under 3 so we stayed at POP and now we're looking to stay at POR, it's still a huge difference.
So my question is, historically, I know the USD has always been higher than the CAD so did Disney offer good discounts to Canadians to entice us to come? Or will they be giving less discounts as the US economy is back on track? I know the UK residents usually get different offers.
Thanks in advance.

There are a couple of similar threads on the Boards right now. The consensus (including my opinion) is sadly that it is highly unlikely. The US economy is doing well. WDW is filling the beds. There is no incentive for WDW to offer Canadians any deals at the moment. Any drop off in Canadian visitors will be filled by US visitors. No loss for WDW. Harsh but probably true.

Thank you. It's funny, I couldn't find any threads prior to writing this thread and now I've stumbled among all the similar threads. I'm just reading them now and it looks like everyone is saying the same thing. I guess it just means I'm going to have to save for a longer period of time.
Thanks again.

Thank you. It's funny, I couldn't find any threads prior to writing this thread and now I've stumbled among all the similar threads. I'm just reading them now and it looks like everyone is saying the same thing. I guess it just means I'm going to have to save for a longer period of time.
Thanks again.
If you haven't already found it, you should pop on down to the Canadian board. Lot's of info that particular to canucks

Years ago when we were in this same situation with the poor exchange rate we went on a Canadian at Par promo. We paid for the cost of our package in Canadian funds but at that time crowds were extremely low so clearly tourism was down in general. As others have pointed out that doesn't seem to be the case now.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter