Does DCL still send out email reminders when booking windows and online check in opens

Amydisneyfan

Mouseketeer
I've noticed I haven't received any email reminders for when my booking windows open or online check in the latest email I had from DCL is balance due reminder.
Have they stopped sending out emails with planning information for when booking windows open and online check in?

I've noticed I haven't received any email reminders for when my booking windows open or online check in the latest email I had from DCL is balance due reminder.
Have they stopped sending out emails with planning information for when booking windows open and online check in?
On 29 September, they sent me a "It’s time! Book your Disney cruise activities!" for my 12 January cruise which was 105 days. Unfortunately, it means I missed the midnight log-in BECAUSE I miscalculated the PIF date (i.e., have to pay by 105 days to book early). So, I hurried up and paid my TA and then booked everything.

I didn't have that issue for my October cruise but I also don't remember getting an email. So I think the answer is, sometimes they send an email? Maybe I got it because I hadn't logged in at midnight like I usually do?

I've also gotten the email after my booking window actually opens - so if I hadn't paid attention and relied on the email, I would have been late and maybe missed out on stuff I wanted to book. I think it was either later in the day (when I could have started booking at midnight) or the next day.

I have inconsistently gotten emails, and also gotten them late. So I wouldn't bank on them, and instead set your own reminders. DCL Blog also has a great countdown calendar so you can be sure you have the dates right (just remember it's midnight ON that date, at the start of the day).

I've noticed I received emails month prior my balance due reminder but for the online checkin and booking windows didn't receive an email unless if my email is no longer on file

Yes you normally receive app notifications the day before the cruise to fill in health questionnaire form
Checkin is different from the health questionnaire. Checkin is what's done around 30 days out (depending on your CC status) when you put in your passport info, onboard account charging method, etc. and get your PAT.

Also, the health questionnaire form notification comes the morning of. You have to fill it out the morning of your cruise; you cannot do it the day before.

Checkin is different from the health questionnaire. Checkin is what's done around 30 days out (depending on your CC status) when you put in your passport info, onboard account charging method, etc. and get your PAT.

Also, the health questionnaire form notification comes the morning of. You have to fill it out the morning of your cruise; you cannot do it the day before.
Last year we able to fill health questionnaire form the day before embarkation actually probably because it was only just after midnight when I filled it in as I was at the Grahams Beach Grill pub in Cocoa Beach when I filled out the health questionnaire form.

Last year we able to fill health questionnaire form the day before embarkation actually probably because it was only just after midnight when I filled it in as I was at the Grahams Beach Grill pub in Cocoa Beach when I filled out the health questionnaire form.
If you filled it out after midnight, then you filled it in the day of, not the day before.

DCL wants you to fill it out that morning so they know what your current symptoms are. In my social media groups for recent sailings people have tried to fill it out the day before and then panicked when they got error messages. When they tried again the morning of, it worked just fine.

It's been a while since I was on DCL but I don't remember reminder emails. I take that responsibility on my own and put the dates in my calendar and on my reminder app.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter