Does DCL ships have libraries?

One of my favorite cruise activities is reading. :) I bring books from home and leave them with CMs when I am done...same with magazines. Sometimes, I actually buy a couple on the ship if I have finished the ones I brought...which has happened. The CM's seem to like it when I do that and hopefully the books are enjoyed by many people.

Pretty sure I've borrowed and/or left behind a book in every ship's Cove Cafe. However, as was stated, the selection is pretty much dependent upon what was left behind by other passengers. I know for sure I've read James Patterson, Kristin Hannah, and Janet Evanovich courtesy of Cove Cafe.

I have a nook, Barnes and Noble tablet reader. that way I have my library of 700 books with me. I also check out e-library books through the Overdrive app.

Yes, my Sony Reader changed my packing style of reading material. I loaded up my Kobo with overdrive library books this past trip.
I'll bring some paperbacks with me for the ebta to add to the cove collection, though.

I have a nook, Barnes and Noble tablet reader. that way I have my library of 700 books with me. I also check out e-library books through the Overdrive app.

I have one of those too! Love it! And Overdrive is an awesome source of free e books. I try and remember to download books before a cruise so that I have them and don't have to re read my old archived books on the ship. :)

When I was on the Wonder for the NYE cruise, I donated "Snow Falling on Cedars" by David Guterson and picked up "Never Let Me Go" by Kazuo Ishiguro. Wow, those were both bleak, but well-written, novels! I always try to finish one book on the ship and pick up another from the Cove Café.

I have had a nook since first generation and LOVE it!! ESPECIALLY for traveling!! That first summer when I flew to NC to meet my family for beach week, I kept thinking i'd forgotten something because my backpack was sooooooo light! Nope...just had all my books in one light little package rather than the 7 or 8 I'd usually have with me. (Yes, I'm a nerd and CAN get through 7-8 books during a beach week. Being on the pasty spectrum helps too because I have to be indoors a lot there. :) )

I have had a nook since first generation and LOVE it!! ESPECIALLY for traveling!! That first summer when I flew to NC to meet my family for beach week, I kept thinking i'd forgotten something because my backpack was sooooooo light! Nope...just had all my books in one light little package rather than the 7 or 8 I'd usually have with me. (Yes, I'm a nerd and CAN get through 7-8 books during a beach week. Being on the pasty spectrum helps too because I have to be indoors a lot there. :) )
I'm on my 3rd one. I have first generation, nook color (I think) and the Samsung Galaxy Tab S2. I love them all and have upgraded for more memory and features. I read almost exclusively on my nook now because it is so convenient. I used to carry a lot of books with me too. Do you use Overdrive?

Has anyone been on the Magic since dry dock? I feel like I read that the bookcase was gone after the renovation of Cove Cafe.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter