Does CRO answer the phone anymore?

epcotfan

http://youtube.com/wdwchannel1
I've tried calling 3 times today only to get the WDWTC to no avail. I've been trying to get through to CRO but I guess the travel company is taking the overflow. Anyone have success getting through to CRO and if so how did they answer the phone?

Can't say I remember how they answered the phone, but the 2 I spoke with recently said they could do both CRO & WDTC. Just a note, I wasn't making new ressies, just modifing old ones.

HTH

:smooth:

I called last night and a strange thing happened. I dialed 407-W-Disney and got the automated menu, then finally got a live body (her name was India).

I told her I wanted to make a reservation and she started going through the questions...name, zip code, etc. When I mentioned I wanted to use a code, she became somewhat flustered, put me on hold, then I was transferred to Brenda, who completed the transaction and was very friendly and knowledgable (asked me what floor I wanted, what building, what view, compared different prices, etc.).

Now I am wondering if perhaps I had WDWTC at first, and they switched me back to CRO because of the code? My confirmation number has 12 digits and I have the 5 day cancellation policy, so I know I ended up with CRO.

Hi Pig Pen,
That is good everything worked out.
I had a girl tell me at WDWTC that she could help me but I was too paranoid to go through with it. :o I've heard others mention they thought WDTC booked them with the CRO cancellation/deposit policy but then find out they've booked a package. Perhaps I'll try again tomorrow if anything is left.

I haven't received my emailed confirmation yet though! I wrote everything down so if something is screwed up, I will call. I'm hoping for a better AP rate if/when they ever come out.

Good luck Epcotfan.

CRO and WDTC are basically the same people they are all in the same building and both do the same thing. That is why they usually answer the phone WDTC. As for peopke not being able to help you with certain things or codes: Disney Reservations has just hired around 100 new cm's and they have just completed their training so they are not yet comfortable with the new computer system.

It IS very confusing. Shouldn't there be some sort of messgage explaining who you are holding for? It would sure put my mind at ease.

I got CRO today first call ever. I also got the automated menu at first. I wonder if that maybe is a tip off as to who you get?? Just a thought.

I got the automated menu each time I called. I wish there was a choice to pick between room only and packages prior to being forwarded to an agent.

I know that one of the questions asked on the automated menu is how many nights are you reserving. I think I read on these boards that only CRO can reserve less than 3 nights so maybe it depends on how many nights you enter whether you get CRO or WDTC.

I called yesterday around 11:00 am CST and got through to CRO with no problem. I got the automated message asking for number of nights and phone number and then I was connected pretty quickly to a cm who took care of my reservation. I did have to explain the code that I was using, as she was unaware of it, but she had no problems booking it for me. I confirmed the 5 day cancellation policy so I knew for sure it was CRO and not WDTC. Maybe they are just really busy now that some discounts are out.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter