does Budget allow you to pick your own car at MCO?

disneyholic family

disney on my mind....
I'm booking now for July 2022.
Budget rates are 1/6 the alamo rates, so i really don't have a choice, I have to book with budget.
I'm just wondering if you're allowed to pick your own car like with alamo.

I should add that i don't have fastbreak, and can't have fastbreak as my country isn't included (in the drop down list of countries).

Our car was chosen for us the last time we there.

oh well.....if alamo's prices don't come down before next summer, budget it will be....
for a chrysler minivan, for 31 days, budget wants $1,337 (including collision damage waiver etc).
for the same thing alamo wants $6,000!!!!!!
i don't want to actually buy the car, just rent it for a month..
not much of a contest there...budget it is....at least for now..

If you don't like the car you're assigned you can request a different vehicle. I was assigned a car which reeked of cigarette smoke. Alamo gave me a different car (phx)

You don't have the hope of finding an upgrade

I never had any trouble with Budget. $1337 for a whole month?! Holy cow that’s a great price. Right now for 5 nights in January I’m seeing prices in the $525 range,crazy

I never had any trouble with Budget. $1337 for a whole month?! Holy cow that’s a great price. Right now for 5 nights in January I’m seeing prices in the $525 range,crazy

i agree, it's a great price....
back in 2017, the last time we were at WDW with the whole familiy, i paid $1,000 for the same car for 24 days with alamo....
now alamo wants more than $6,000....i nearly swallowed my tongue when i saw the price!!!

i agree, it's a great price....
back in 2017, the last time we were at WDW with the whole familiy, i paid $1,000 for the same car for 24 days with alamo....
now alamo wants more than $6,000....i nearly swallowed my tongue when i saw the price!!!
It is a long time out for car rental pricing. Alamo probably haven't set the price yet. Default prices are often really high. Keep checking.

I always book a year in advance.
Alamo must have been hit hard by the chip shortage, affecting its prices.
UK right? US prices are showing around £1,000 per month for Minivans from Alamo without insurance July/Aug 2022, one of the lower rates. It looks like they are pricing out of International rentals for the time being.

UK right? US prices are showing around £1,000 per month for Minivans from Alamo without insurance July/Aug 2022, one of the lower rates. It looks like they are pricing out of International rentals for the time being.
yes, i only rent with insurance included.....it adds a fortune per day if it's not included in the base price

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter