Does Autonation negotiate on price?

4HOLIDAYS

DIS Veteran
We found a car we like, DH commented to the price being higher than we would like and the response was, "it is not autonation's policy to negotiate on price".

Anyone have experience with them? I am already choking on $699 dealer fees, which is set, the same at all of them.

TIA!

do they state "Firm"?

(referring to this thread)

apologies for not providing you useful information - although I agree that a $699 fee is steep for something like this!

No, they did not. It's the "not our policy" vs "we don't negotiate" that had me question it.

I can tell you that there are several large dealers in our area that state upfront-firm, no haggle, no negotiation as well as some that have said they will not negotiate on their internet prices . The internet prices are ofter several thousand below sticker on the cars.

No, Autonation does not negotiate. I actually saved money since I have access to the Ford X plan. Otherwise I would have paid the price they advertised.

Jill in CO

That's why we bought from autonation. I like that the price you see is the price you get. There's no back and forth for negotiating a fair price. It seems to me that many dealers are moving to this concept since there is so much internet researching going on before people set foot in the showroom door. Prior to Autonation (and moving to FL), we dealt with the same Honda dealership for 9 years and that is how they priced cars too. The price you see is the price you get. The dealer fees seem awfully high. I don't remember paying that much.

I purchased a 2014 Honda Odyssey touring elite from Autonation Honda in Atlanta, GA last year. These vehicles were in very short supply when I purchased mine. I definitely negotiated with the internet manager. They gave me their price and I told them where I wanted to be in price. They came within $200 of my drive-out price, so I purchased the Odyssey from them. I am sure that I paid the $699 fee, but they just dropped their price in some other area to account for this fee. Their drive-out price was about $2000 less than any other Honda dealership in my area, so I would certainly buy from them again.

In our experience, we've always haggled over car prices. Even when they say they don't, we can get them to knock something off the price. Never say never. (Haven't used that service though).

Make them an offer and see what they say. All the dealerships around here have 'no haggle' prices. And that is exactly what they want you to think.

Last spring we bought a 2012 Honda Civic for our 16 year old daughter at Autonation Honda in Knoxville. My husband saw it on their website, took my daughter for a test drive, and then negotiated over the next 2-3 days. He pretty much told them what he was willing to pay out the door, and they eventually met that. I think the car had been on their lot longer than normal, so they were ready to move it.

We found a car we like, DH commented to the price being higher than we would like and the response was, "it is not autonation's policy to negotiate on price".

Anyone have experience with them? I am already choking on $699 dealer fees, which is set, the same at all of them.

TIA!

It probably depends on the specific dealership, but when I was looking at new cars, I got email quotes for the model car I wanted from several local dealerships. An Autonation dealership was the closest to me and the one I really wanted to buy from for convenience sake. They weren't the lowest quote, but when I showed them the lowest quote (since I had it in email), they were willing to meet it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter