does anyone use Travellers Advantage membership?

disneyberry

Dreaming of adventure
DVC Premium
hi all,

just wondering if anyone is a member of this program called Travellers Advantage, and if you have some advice/comments/warnings about this program.

thanks.

Yes we were members of Travellers Advantage before we owned a computer.
Now I can make better deals on my own with a little bit of surfing and keep
the $75 yearly fee. They do offer a rebate on purchases I think it was about 5%.
The hardest part was getting them to cancel the membership and refund the
fee that was automatically billed to the credit card. It took about 5 calls to actually
get them to issue a credit to my account.

I used to actually sell this to credit card customers! I was a telemarketer...anyway, I heard from so many customers that either the card company didn't cancel the membership ( after the 3 month introductory period) or that they weren't provided with a phone # to call to cancel the membership. We used to offer free hotel night vouchers or RT air tickets -BUT they were subject to many many restrictions and blackout dates...Also -if you read the literature or listen to the spiel carefully - you'll find that it states that "your membership will be automatically renewed at the then current annual fee..." after 6 years I still have that script in my head...I personally have no experience with Traveller's Advantage this is just what I learned by calling nice people like you during dinner time! ;-)

Depending on the amount you travel, I really like it. I believe it is less than $75 a year. We do spend a lot of travel and getting 5% back more than pays for the fee.

I'll write more later.

Jenn

I'll continue...

This is the only place you get the 5% back and that makes it worth our while. We don't always use that service because sometimes I find better deals that can't be booked with them. The other thing I like is that I often drive and don't have a room reservation and I call them on the cell phone and they can find me a room easily for the next town or so at a much better rate than me calling around indidiuvally. Obviously if I knew I was staying in a particular place I would also be able to get the rate also, but I don't have time when driving. I find them extremely helpful for this because I often get corportate rates, etc. This has saved me a lot fo money this year. For a well planned out trip, besides the 5% there is no benefit. If your only trips are very well planned out then it might not make sense for you to join. It's funny because I have never had a problem cancelling and I have canceled at least 3 times because I cancel and then rejoin, etc. I have used this service for 8 years or so on and off.

The 5% also includes tikcets to the parks, but you have to take the time to send back notes/receipts in order to get the money back. Some people find it a pain!

We don't belong to the Disney club and you do get discounts on the tickets which make it worth our while. The discounts are probably not the best, but not bad either. I'll have to check. I know I bought the 3 day Universal tickets for 91 and the 2 day was 87 and then if you write later you get 5% back on those as well.

With the internet, most deals are better with that, but not all!

Jenn

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter