• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Does anyone remember- how long after “park close” did AK continue to show projections on the Tree of Life?

Mrs~Incredible

Mouseketeer
I am thinking about planning a later dinner, closer to park close, but wondering if we will still get to see the projection show as we walk out or if it will be done?
thanks!

I am thinking about planning a later dinner, closer to park close, but wondering if we will still get to see the projection show as we walk out or if it will be done?
thanks!
Depends on the date and the time of your dinner.

Depends on the date and the time of your dinner.
So if the ADR is at 6:30, and park closes at 7, would we have a decent chance of seeing the projections at 7:30-7:45 (if that’s when we are done?)
The evening tree of life is one of my absolute faves- so I could definitely do an earlier ADR so we don’t miss it, but was wondering if it would be lovely if the park was cleared out a bit….

So if the ADR is at 6:30, and park closes at 7, would we have a decent chance of seeing the projections at 7:30-7:45 (if that’s when we are done?)
The evening tree of life is one of my absolute faves- so I could definitely do an earlier ADR so we don’t miss it, but was wondering if it would be lovely if the park was cleared out a bit….
The date.
Sky conditions dictate the projection times.

In 2019, we got in line for FoP literally 5 min before park close. The posted wait was like 200 min. Lol….but we made it through in 1 hr and 19 min. When we walked out, it was very dark out and everything was still all lit up, etc… This was in late March. I’m thinking they probably leave it on until everyone is out of the park?

I just looked up historical park hours and in March of 2019, it says AK closed at 8, so we got in line at 7:55, got on the ride at 9:15 and then Ride is about 4.5 min long so we were walking out of the park at probably 9:25-9:35. Google says sunset that time of year is a little after 7.

But this was all pre-covid so all bets are off on what they do now!

Last edited:
In 2019, we got in line for FoP literally 5 min before park close. The posted wait was like 200 min. Lol….but we made it through in 1 hr and 19 min. When we walked out, it was very dark out and everything was still all lit up. This was in late March. I’m thinking they probably leave it on until everyone is out of the park?
Good thought- there are a few restaurants with later ADRs and of course the end of night FOP risers….I would love the chance to enjoy the tree when it’s later and after a lot of crowd has emptied out!

Good thought- there are a few restaurants with later ADRs and of course the end of night FOP risers….I would love the chance to enjoy the tree when it’s later and after a lot of crowd has emptied out!

It was definitely awesome walking out with no one around! The CM’s are guiding you of course on a specific path but between the nighttime Pandora landscape and the tree - it was really special!

I was just looking though my pictures and I forgot we had seen Rivers of Light first before getting in line and it was very dark for that. I have a bunch of pictures of that, the tree, Pandora and then stuff in the FoP line and then Pandora and the tree again. Lol

So...I'm guess with a 7:00 close in August, it does run at all?
Since, in August, the sky is not dark until about 8:45pm, the show is unlikely to run.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter