Does anyone remember Belisle's restaurant?

I totally remember this place. The portions were huge! And I remember they had a huge pancake or a stack a mile high. MMMMM!

It broke my heart to see Belisle's torn down I spent a lot of time there my Dad was the head chef there for quite a while (Don Boyd)for those of you who remember him he is still alive and kicking he and my mom now live in Auburn Ca. He was also the pastry chef till he retired yea he made all those monster pies and cakes and whatnot it was a miracle that i didnot weigh 300lbs eating all that stuff over the years.Eyore who is your mom ?? I've prbobly met her before :banana:

It broke my heart to see Belisle's torn down I spent a lot of time there my Dad was the head chef there for quite a while (Don Boyd)for those of you who remember him he is still alive and kicking he and my mom now live in Auburn Ca. He was also the pastry chef till he retired yea he made all those monster pies and cakes and whatnot it was a miracle that i didnot weigh 300lbs eating all that stuff over the years.Eyore who is your mom ?? I've prbobly met her before :banana:

My mom's name was Emma:goodvibes

One of their old chefs or cooks or something now owns/runs a small restaurant in Santa Ana.

I wrote a review about it today on my website. I'd post a link but since I'm a new member I can't. Just do a google search for Eat in OC and look for my review of Mini Cafe.

One of their old chefs or cooks or something now owns/runs a small restaurant in Santa Ana.

I wrote a review about it today on my website. I'd post a link but since I'm a new member I can't. Just do a google search for Eat in OC and look for my review of Mini Cafe.

looking it up now

Chef Mario is 1 of the many cooks/chefs that my dad trained in his many years at Belisle's.I have eaten at the Mini Cafe during 1 of my trips back to socal and the food there is great

I haven't been to So Cal in forever, my grandparanets live in Placentia. I was so excited about taking my new husband this weekend on our trip, all this time I think my grandparents just thought that Belisle's relocated and I was trying to find where they moved! I live close to Auburn, CA, and saw someone from the restuarant is there. Is there somewhere to eat in Auburn even close? I am so distraught!

I was just recently telling my husband about Belisle's restaurant when he informed me that he would be going to California on business! OMG...I loved that restaurant and grew up going there. I grew up in Garden Grove and now live in the Seattle area, but I can tell you I have never found a teriyaki steak that has ever been able to touch the one served there. Not to mention it is almost impossible to find any restaurant that offers cheese sauce to put on your baked potatoe any more! We loved it too when they started trying some of the "exotic" meats, and my husband who is a hunter, thought if he was going to be there longer than overnight he would have loved to have gone with some of his coworkers...oh well...guess I'm glad it ended up being an overnight trip. It just breaks my heart that the restaurant is gone along with so much of what I remember of a magical area to grow up in at the time.
If I am right...the restaurant Kono Hawaii is probably gone too...I have never found food that compares to theirs either...sigh!:sad2: Thanks to y'all for the pictures and memories...Would love to know how to make that teriyaki steak though...along with the chicken fried steak...the cheese sauce...
pies...and on and on....lol Mmmmmmm::goodvibes

I was a Pulmonary Fellow at UCI (the old Orange County Medical Center) early in the 1970s. We would go to Belisles after a long night on call and chow down. We did not worry about our weight back then and the portions served were huge..I especially remember the largest strawberries I had ever seen--Sorry to see that is it closed, although these days we do think more about dietary matters..JB

yes they were also known for their huge strawberries...the pies were like a foot high

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter