Does anyone remember Belisle's restaurant?

I remember I ordered a meatloaf sandwich, and it was as big as my head. You had to cut it into quarters then eighths to even start to think about eating it. yummmmmmm

I was born in Anaheim (the former Martin Luther Hospital near Euclid and Orangethorpe). Grew up in Anaheim (first home for a couple of years after our apartments was 6831 Blue Ridge Court in Yorba Linda, until we moved across Esperanza to the "flats of the Santa Ana Canyon part of Anaheim Hills" where we lived at 7761 East Northfield Avenue in Anaheim Hills).

When I was growing up, and we were hungry, we went to Besliles to fill up and we left with full stomachs.

Whenever we went to "Visit the Mouse" at Disneyland, we always ended our day after the fireworks at Besliles.

When I worked for Disney Imagineering and I had to bring clients to Disneyland all the time. We would do the Club 33 bit, but to end the day, after the fireworks I would always get everyone well fed at Besliles.

When I went on Disability back in February of 1989, after a heart attack at age 20 (on top of my being a paraplegic due to Guillain-Barre Syndrome), I went to Besliles less, but was there whenever I could afford it.

I really miss Besliles, and I am so sorry that the "grandkids" did not want to continue the business. It was a "cash cow" and had a perfect location and was always busy, and making a lot of money. It was a shock in 1995 when they closed it after 40 years of wonderful service.

God Bless,

John

I went there for my Honeymoon in 1974. Never forgot the place because it was so cool. I was just researching the restaurant to find out what happened to it. The one thing I remember vividly was the they also served RABBIT, yes Rabbit was on the munu there! Cool Huh? I have never seen Rabbit on any menu since.

Thanks for the Posts and the memories!! Glad to see I am not the only one who was "smitten" by this fantastic place!!!

I can still picture the dessert display case, with massive pies. Priceless!

Woody

I haven't been to So Cal in forever, my grandparanets live in Placentia. I was so excited about taking my new husband this weekend on our trip, all this time I think my grandparents just thought that Belisle's relocated and I was trying to find where they moved! I live close to Auburn, CA, and saw someone from the restuarant is there. Is there somewhere to eat in Auburn even close? I am so distraught!

I remember it but I never ate there. I used to live in fullerton and now I live in Sacramento not that far from you. I moved back here in 98 so I imagine orange county has changed so much.

This restaurant was a part of all of my childhood visits from Minnesota to Disneyland, as one of my dad's close friends was a Belisle. We ate there at least once on every trip. I have some really fond memories of that place, back to age 6.

When my DH and I went to California a few years we were told to try it out but when we looked the resturant up we were so sad to see that it had closed.

Our last name is Belisle (no relation) but we thought it would be fun to go anyways.

I ate there a few times and remember it had a great atmosphere. I'm extremely sad to hear that it closed. I admit that I cried inside. A classic.

It broke my heart to see Belisle's torn down I spent a lot of time there my Dad was the head chef there for quite a while (Don Boyd)for those of you who remember him he is still alive and kicking he and my mom now live in Auburn Ca. He was also the pastry chef till he retired yea he made all those monster pies and cakes and whatnot it was a miracle that i didnot weigh 300lbs eating all that stuff over the years.Eyore who is your mom ?? I've prbobly met her before :banana:
Say hi to Don!

I still think of Belisle's every day. It's been almost thirty years since I left. I loved working there and I loved the people I worked with for about 13 years. I was the new kid. Most had worked there longer. If any are still reading this, I still miss you. If “eeyoresnr” still reads this, we probably knew each other. If Belisle still reads this, those days were still some of the best times ever. I'm doing well and I hope you all are also.

Hi, back in the 70's my family own the Copper Kettle on main street between the Cadillac dealership and the old city hall in Santa Anna. I was mostly home schooled and wanted to work for pay after a while. A friend took me to Belisle's and Harvey was at the counter talking to us. I went back later and asked him for a job there becoming a kid in the back prepping the fruit and veggies as they came in the back gate, making the salads and cutting the fries from the fresh deliveries. Then, moving up into the kitchen working with Don and the brothers while trying to learn Spanish the whole time, I moved out to the floor one eve when a busboy didn't show. Not long after I was handed a pad when a waitress didn't show. The schedule was in pencil and Harvey knew how to use the eraser. I knew your mom and thought she was great. Leaving for the military in '76 and returning in '81, I stayed on the floor until leaving for Montana in '86. It was rumored then that a hotel was going up and they wanted a paring lot. When my brother told me later that it happened I was very sad to hear the news. I vaguely remember an Eeyor at the counter sometimes but can't quite picture yet. Hope you are well and thanks for the memories.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter