• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Does anyone reccomend any of the french restuarants at Epcot?

fairytalelover

DIS Veteran
We are going to WDW in February and were wondering if anyone has been to the french restuarants at Epcot and if what they liked about them.

DH and I had dinner at Chefs de France in June and absolutely loved it! We had tuna skewers on polenta and creme brulee for dessert. Everything was wonderful! The next day we had a light lunch at Boulangerie Patisserie. We sat at the little tables outside to eat - felt like we were eating at a sidewalk cafe in France! DH had the ham and cheese quiche and I had the ham and cheese croissant. For dessert, DH had an apple turnover and I had a strawberry tart. Everything was delicious!

Chefs de France has returned to our must-do list in the last couple of years although we usually have lunch there. Really wonderful service lately and we enjoy the food very much.

It's been several years since we've had dinner upstairs at Bistro de Paris which despite its name is the more formal of the two full service restaurants in the France pavillion. But the food was great and it has a more subdued atmosphere than Chefs.

My husband really enjoys the ham and cheese sandwiches from the Boulangerie...reminds him of Paris.

Both are good, but we prefer the Bistro. AS BCV23 said, it's got a bit more subdued--less crowded--atmosphere. A bit more romantic.

We ate at Chefs de France last month as part of the CP package and really loved it. I had the escargot for starters and it was very good. I had the lamb dish with eggplant for my entree and it was fantastic, I can't wait to have this dish again. I had creme brulee for the first time for deseart and it was great, I will be getting this deseart again at other WDW restaurants also. I would highly recommend Chef de France.

In my opinion, Chefs de France is the best restaurant in Epcot. Period.

(Le Cellier is second, but not even close to Chefs de France.)

I have gone there on almost every visit to WDW, and it has been consistantly good. You can't go wrong with whatever you order. Plus, no surly French waiters!!

Bon Appetit!

Our DD (18) is a francophile so a meal in France was on her must-do list. She got a kick out of the waiter translating French idioms into English, particularly when we were wished a "Happy Vacation" when we left. We all enjoyed the experience, including my husband who is inclined to dislike French food.

Ok, I will admit that I don't know why, but after eating all over the world in 50+ visits I had never been here (and when I trained in the kitchen in Europe more than a few years ago, Paul Bocuse was the idol of most young chefs)

My lunch here was amazing, from the decor to the excellent service to the high quality food. I will admit that I have very high expectations. My server was very professional and polite, but also unobtrusive.

There are 2 veggie entrees on the lunch menu (TWO!!!) and I had the most amazing dish (called lasagne, but not in the Italian sense, very delicate)

HIGHLY RECOMMEND this restaurant, can't wait to eat lunch there again in 2 weeks!

Would my 8 year old dd feel out of place here--it sounds so good - I would love to try "chefs"

It took us a while to try Chefs de France but once we did we love it.

I don't think your 8yr old DD would feel out of place - no more than any other EPCOT restaurant. Hey it's Disney - children are everywhere, sometimes disguised as adults (like me).

It's good to see positive reviews of these restaurants. DW and I ate at one of them many years ago...I don't even remember if it was upstairs or down. Maybe we should try again.:D

love it, love it, love it

Chefs de Frances is a must-do for us. Either get a PS, or try for an early dinner. We prefer to do a late lunch (we usually don't have a full lunch and dinner in WDW), as it fills us up, so we might only have a small snack for dinner.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter