• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Does anyone live near Tannersville PA?

njmom47

He's such a fiend!
DH and I used to go to the Summit (yeah, I know, CHEESY) nd recently someone told me they tore it down and put a mall in place of it. I know it was closed and chained off the last time we were in the area. Is there a mall there now?
TIA

Don't know what the Summit was, but there is a large outlet mall in Tannersville now, as well as a Great Wolf Lodge. Hope that helps!

I know the Crossings was there when we first started going up there (we also stayed in Ski Side Village :scared1:) so we know the area fairly well.
I do remember seeing Great Wolf Lodge as well. Thanks :).

Haven't been up past the Summit in a long time, but I know it's been in various states of disrepair for years, it should have been bulldozed right after they closed it.

Oddly enough, Google Maps shows the old road going through the resort as being called "Crossing Outlet Square" and even has a few store names labeled. So, perhaps, they've added another set of outlets on the old resort grounds, completely separate from the Premium outlets on the other side of I-80. :confused3

Okay, yeah now I know where we're talking about. No, there's nothing there. There's a hotel (some chain, I can't remember the name) with a "Tandoor Palace" theme, but that's it. There's nothing back there.

We went to the Summit for our honeymoon back in the '80s. :) It was dated back then but still pretty cool. We had one of the "cabins" with a in room swimming pool, sauna, fireplace, round bed, etc. VERY 70's. I loved how you could order your breakfast the night before and they would leave it on your doorstep in this big wooden box thing. Entertainment was beyond cheesy -- remember seeing Kmar the Magician -- worst act I have ever seen. It really wasn't bad for the price -- all meals and activities were included. Went back once in the early 90's. Looked it up a few years ago and was sad to see it had closed.

We went to the Summit for our honeymoon back in the '80s. :) It was dated back then but still pretty cool. We had one of the "cabins" with a in room swimming pool, sauna, fireplace, round bed, etc. VERY 70's. I loved how you could order your breakfast the night before and they would leave it on your doorstep in this big wooden box thing. Entertainment was beyond cheesy -- remember seeing Kmar the Magician -- worst act I have ever seen. It really wasn't bad for the price -- all meals and activities were included. Went back once in the early 90's. Looked it up a few years ago and was sad to see it had closed.

DH and I are completely hysterical that someone else actually went there...those memories are priceless. But we did have a good time (always went to the Flea Market up on 209, downtown Stroudsburg, Bushkill Falls, etc). Thanks all for your replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter