Does anyone know about Vegas Brazil, LLC Alamo discount?

@Syndrome - thank you so much for the visual clarification! I book a few reservations with different scenarios & coupons etc. NONE of my email confirmations list CDW or an extra driver, only the standard "power windows & ac". So it would appear that I lucked out...??! I'm SO grateful and relieved. I had been looking for a car for either 3 days or the full week of this Thanksgiving week, and had been getting HIGH prices. The best I could do with Alamo was well over $200. I was able to use VB & the $30 off coupon and get the entire week for $107 - that includes all taxes & fees for a midsize. The standard was also available for a bit more. As it is , thanksgiving is usually so busy, by the time we get in on Wed night, they often give us a bigger vehicle because they are running low on smaller ones.

I will report back on my experience- I'm hoping there will be little to say and no issues :scared:

If your personal auto insurance covers rentals, I should be ok using the code, right?
As long as the CDW is NOT included with the rental.
I'm kind of the "glass half empty" kinda guy so I tend to err on the side of caution.
The scenario goes something like this if you have an accident/claim:

CDW is included in the rate ... your own car insurances bows out since you already have coverage with with the CDW = Zero coverage from auto insurance
CDW is included in the rate ... any coverage with a Credit Card is automatically forfeit since you have to decline the CDW from the rental company in order to use the CC coverage. Again = Zero coverage from CC company
CDW is included in the rate ... oops but you are not actually elidgeable to use this coverage because you are not properly affiliated with the company who's rate code you are using . And one last time = Zero coverage from Vegas Brasil affiliation.

You could ultimately be held responsible for all damages incurred in the accident (to all vehicles/parties involved)
Bottom line, if the CDW/LDW is included with the rental and you are not properly affiliated with that company, you are taking a huge risk and I would stay far away from this, just not worth it to save a few dollars.
Now if the rental goes off without a hitch and you save some money, consider yourself lucky.
However if there is a collision with thousands of dollars damage to all vehicles involved and then personal injury as well, you could be "up the proverbial creek without a paddle - or leg to stand on)

***EDIT: Sorry, just read back over my own thread and it sounds kind of preachy. I didn't mean it to come out this way just wanted to make people aware of the possible fallout if CDW is included and an accident/claim is involved.***

Last edited:
Just subscribing now to look for better deals for April. Anyone had any luck lately? Thanks!

Someone shared this link with me and I just booked a mini-van (using this code) for 19 days (June-July 2016) and saved almost $500!!!!! I'm reading about all of the concerns people have about this code, in particular the fact that CDW is included. My reservation says it's included, as well as an extra driver.

I'm confused as to what the issue is with having the CDW included, especially if I have my own coverage from my insurance company. Can anyone explain it to me? In CDW for Dummies terms please? :)

I still have time before my trip and will keep looking, but am curious what the issue is. Thanks.

Someone shared this link with me and I just booked a mini-van (using this code) for 19 days (June-July 2016) and saved almost $500!!!!! I'm reading about all of the concerns people have about this code, in particular the fact that CDW is included. My reservation says it's included, as well as an extra driver.

I'm confused as to what the issue is with having the CDW included, especially if I have my own coverage from my insurance company. Can anyone explain it to me? In CDW for Dummies terms please? :)

I still have time before my trip and will keep looking, but am curious what the issue is. Thanks.

post #123 is the best, most succient description i've read thus far.:magnify:

as for your reservation, i'd really be concerned re the extra driver as to liability unless you specifically are paying for it as an addon option.

i use the code often, but only if CDW isn't automatically included.

As far as I'm concerned if Alamo releases the car to you then they are saying the rental is legit. It then puts the ball in their court if an accident occurs.

I booked a mini van for a week in june with Alamo using the code and its $205, thats a great price for a mini van, It was the same price for a mid size suv.

post #123 is the best, most succient description i've read thus far.:magnify:

as for your reservation, i'd really be concerned re the extra driver as to liability unless you specifically are paying for it as an addon option.

i use the code often, but only if CDW isn't automatically included.

Hi, If you use this code often,how do you get the CDW NOT included?? I keep trying but it is ALWAYS included!! Joan

Hi, If you use this code often,how do you get the CDW NOT included?? I keep trying but it is ALWAYS included!! Joan

I also use it often and never with the CDW included. Just keep checking (daily if possible) and eventually it'll quote without it included.

two cars per class usually offered, one of the compacts has generally been available.

hadn't seen midsize or above without CDW for months, snagged it quickly:sunny:

two cars per class usually offered, one of the compacts has generally been available.

hadn't seen midsize or above without CDW for months, snagged it quickly:sunny:

Yeah CDW is still there for minivans. I don't anticipate that going away. But if it did, I would use it.

Hi, Tuesday morning and I JUST booked a FULL size car using the Vegas Brazil code with NO CDW!! Joan

Hi, Tuesday morning and I JUST booked a FULL size car using the Vegas Brazil code with NO CDW!! Joan

Sounds good. I was this close to using it for my trip last month, but in the last week or two before departure, the Costco discount got close enough that I felt better using that. But I would use the no-CDW Vegas Brazil deal if it was a major improvement over other discounts.

Hi, Alamo is still booking looks like most catagories using the Vegas Brazil code with NO CDW!! Hope this helps those that have been waiting. Joan

Hi, Alamo is still booking looks like most catagories using the Vegas Brazil code with NO CDW!! Hope this helps those that have been waiting. Joan

Thanks for posting, but it looks like minivans still have the CDW included for now, but I'll keep checking!

CDW is not insurance. It waives the damage done to the rental car in case of a collision or theft; in some cases it waives only a specific amount.

Last edited:
I just reserved a mid-size SUV with the Vegas Brazil code and a $25 off coupon for the last week in April. The CDW insurance was optional and not included and my personal car insurance covers rentals. So I think I should be all set. The cost ended up being $236.14. I could have went with an offsite rental company for less, but the reviews and shuttle horror stories persuaded me to pay a few extra bucks with a known company at the airport. LOL

Is anyone having trouble checking in?
I am trying to check in on Alamo but it keeps telling me that my coupon is not valid and to proceed without the coupon, which would be fine, but it doesn't let me go any further than that. Keeps telling me the same thing no matter what I click. (check in, modify/cancel, etc) Any help would be appreciated.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter