Does anyone have pictures or videos of the "new" star wars dessert party?

disprincess2213

DIS Veteran
We are looking to do this for an upcoming trip and realized that very recently, it has gotten a few upgrades (seating, new savory items, etc)! I was only able to find photos of the tables and chairs on the star wars thread but cant find pics of the drinks at the bar (esp the liquor used), the savory items, or anything in general! I even searched youtube! I was hoping someone on here has been and taken pics or even a video!! THanks!!

Last edited:
We are looking to do this for an upcoming trip and realized that very recently, it has gotten a few upgrades (seating, new savory items, etc)! I was only able to find photos of the tables and chairs on the star wars thread but cant find pics of the drinks at the bar (esp the liquor used), the savory items, or anything in general! I even searched youtube! I was hoping someone on here has been and taken pics or even a video!! THanks!!
We did this dessert party on July 3rd. I've done the JBJB dessert party, the Frozen Dessert party, and the MK garden dessert party. Of all of them, this was by far the best dessert party we've done on property. Unfortunately, I am not the type to take videos or pictures. I can tell you they had about 4 specialty alcohol drinks. I had the margarita, which was actually quite good. The sweets were very good, our favorite was the nutella balls frozen with Nitro. They had a large assortment of cakes, and chocolates. What really impressed us was the savory options. They had Feta with sun dried tomato, mozzarella cheese with prosciutto, pita bread, and at least 6 different spreads and dips. I'm sure I'm missing a few things, but I really enjoyed those margaritas. I'll also note that this was the best dessert party for dealing with my wife's Celiac(gluten allergy).

Check out “EasyWDW” website. He has an extensive review.

We enjoyed the savory additions. If they wouldn’t charge $79 for an 11 year old who obviously is not indulging in the cocktails, we’d do it again this trip. The Disney pricing structure does not work properly for dessert parties.

Check out “EasyWDW” website. He has an extensive review.

We enjoyed the savory additions. If they wouldn’t charge $79 for an 11 year old who obviously is not indulging in the cocktails, we’d do it again this trip. The Disney pricing structure does not work properly for dessert parties.
Josh’s review is from before the recent changes that the OP was asking about.

We went to the Star Wars desert party in 2016 and we didn't think it was worth the $$$.

Josh’s review is from before the recent changes that the OP was asking about.

The only new addition is the seating for the fireworks. He has the drinks menu and full food review including the savory items. The menu works they haven’t changed it. It has the best dessert party food offerings.

Took my family here this past Monday. We had a table reserved for the 5 of us and there was a good selection of both dessert and savory options. Each table is also given a meet and greet time for Kylo Ren, so if you run a bit behind (we arrived at 8:40,our scheduled meet time was 8:50) make sure to double check the meet time on your table card. We were able to essentially walk in to meet Chewy and BB-8. It was nice to have chairs. And might I just say, staff was friendly, helpful, and they are what made my experience awesome! Plus firework viewing area was not crowded and we were able to sit on the ledge at the back left of the area and enjoy a wonderful view! I vote yes to the “new” Star Wars dessert party, it was fantastic!

The only new addition is the seating for the fireworks. He has the drinks menu and full food review including the savory items. The menu works they haven’t changed it. It has the best dessert party food offerings.
Menu has changed, different savory items added and the seating is inside the venue not outside for the fireworks.

Took my family here this past Monday. We had a table reserved for the 5 of us and there was a good selection of both dessert and savory options. Each table is also given a meet and greet time for Kylo Ren, so if you run a bit behind (we arrived at 8:40,our scheduled meet time was 8:50) make sure to double check the meet time on your table card. We were able to essentially walk in to meet Chewy and BB-8. It was nice to have chairs. And might I just say, staff was friendly, helpful, and they are what made my experience awesome! Plus firework viewing area was not crowded and we were able to sit on the ledge at the back left of the area and enjoy a wonderful view! I vote yes to the “new” Star Wars dessert party, it was fantastic!
Menu has changed, different savory items added and the seating is inside the venue not outside for the fireworks.
Nice job, couldn't have said it any better.

I believe that @yulilin3 is going tonight and will be writing a review. Hers are always fantastic and very helpful -- I assume she'll post it in this thread: https://www.disboards.com/threads/o...alactic-nights-launch-bay-jt.3439569/page-883

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter