• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Does anyone have a netbook?

SLK1

DIS Veteran
I was thinking of buying a netbook so that when I go on my trip, I can still get on Facebook, send e-mails to my kids, and also download my pictures to Shutterfly each day, so I won't have to worry about running out of space on my memory card. Does anyone have one? Any suggestions or tips, or is it a waste of money? I would prefer that over a laptop simply because of the size and that it's lightweight. Thanks!

I was thinking of buying a netbook so that when I go on my trip, I can still get on Facebook, send e-mails to my kids, and also download my pictures to Shutterfly each day, so I won't have to worry about running out of space on my memory card. Does anyone have one? Any suggestions or tips, or is it a waste of money? I would prefer that over a laptop simply because of the size and that it's lightweight. Thanks!

I just bought one from Costco, to take on my ABD trip (backstage magic) next week. I've only tried it out once or twice, but it is very very small and lightweight, so I think it will be perfect. I bought an HP one, b/c that is what they had in the store, so I didn't really compare many of them before buying. I think it is important to get one that runs on Windows, as some of them only have Linux and I don't know how that would work with internet explorer, facebook, email, etc. Mine is around 2.5 pounds, it weighs nothing!!

GirlfromTN, will you post a review of the netbook when you get back? I've been thinking about these as well.

DB works for an internet company (Howcast) and has been telling me that these are the way to go. More and more web based services coming about to serve this market, like the iphone apps but for the netbooks. He says very few people will use software anymore.

Anyway, I just wonder about how easy and comfortable they are to use, and how easy it is to access the sites you want. (Like Disboards ;) )

Have a great trip!

We use a Lenovo S10 netbook. We like the size of the keyboard, the
10.2" display, the 160 GB hard drive on this system, and the light weight size (2.2/2.4 lbs). I would suggest you make sure that whatever you get that you get a netbook with a 6 cell battery. A 6 cell battery should give you around 6 hours of netbook use before recharging. We always take our netbook on our travels. Good luck with your selection!!

We use a Lenovo S10 netbook. We like the size of the keyboard, the
10.2" display, the 160 GB hard drive on this system, and the light weight size (2.2/2.4 lbs). I would suggest you make sure that whatever you get that you get a netbook with a 6 cell battery. A 6 cell battery should give you around 6 hours of netbook use before recharging. We always take our netbook on our travels. Good luck with your selection!!

We have one of those little digital movie cameras -a flip I think it is called- anyway could you upload your movies onto one of these? Or would you need a regular laptop?

We have a Flip video camera as well. You should have not have any problems connecting the camera to a netbook to off load your video file from the Flip. There are enough usb ports (only one is needed) and hard drive space on many of the netbooks that make the process very easy.

Just returned from Costco with my new netbook! It's an Acer Aspire 1 and I think it'll be exactly what we need for downloading our pictures and videos and keeping in touch while in Italy. Now...do the hotels have Wi-Fi?

We bought the Acer at Costco about a month ago. We have been using it a lot at home and it works great! We leave for our trip this Saturday and I'll be taking it with me to Tokyo Disney and our ABD trip. I can't wait!!

We just got back from Niagara Falls and took my netbook there. :surfweb: It was great having it with us. Easier to communicate back at home. :upsidedow

You guys that bought the Acer - is it the new 11 in. one?

can you play dvds on any of these?

i bought it last winter so that i would not have to bring my full sized laptop when i travel. the only drawback i guess is that the keyboard is a bit small, but its ok. i use it weekends when i travel back and forth to our summer place (a trailer) and its just the right size for that. Also, it was not a huge investment, and if something happens to it...i have an external hard drive that i bring too, and can copy files off to that. No DVD drive, but you can get a USB one if you really need to either watch movies or copy files to dvd.

sharon:lmao:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter