Does anyone else go alcohol-free in WDW?

I will be partaking but will be careful about it. Even though I intend to "drink around World Showcase" I'm also splitting that up across two visits so i don't got rip snortin' drunk. I'm really of two minds though. I like that I can get drinks, but I don't like that some adults can't seem to handle a vacation in the presence of alcohol without getting drunk out of their minds. I can enjoy myself well enough with our without alcohol.

So I re-read this and totally made myself sound like a drunk!! LOL

It's honestly too hot to drink that much! I do like one or two while I sit by the pool watching my family swim. And maybe two at sit downs. And definitely a margarita while in Epcot. Ooh, and I want that boozie slushy from Franch too....

Ok, maybe I didn't misrepresent myself... LOL

One of my "drinks" is just the ice cream martini at the France Pavillion, which is just two scoops of ice cream with a shot of either rum, whipped cream vodka, or grand marnier.

I truly only enjoy alcoholic beverages of the “fruity, girly” variety lol, but I don’t even have one per day at WDW - it makes me too hot, my cheeks flush, and so I’m just generally a bit uncomfortable after I drink half of it. So, as tasty as those tropical drinks may be, I mostly drink water and will have only one or two drinks during the entire week.

:sunny:

I enjoy drinking alcohol around WDW much the same as I enjoy eating cupcakes around WDW. It tastes good and I'm on 'vacation'. Day to day, I don't eat a ton of french fries and steaks and candy apples, but I indulge at WDW. Same with alcohol so if I come across a cart at WDW with a beer that sounds good, I buy it. We also like many of the lounges across property and enjoy trying fancy cocktails.

On our last vacation, we only had two alcoholic drinks, a cocktail at Trader’s Sam and a glass of sangria at Hoop Dee Doo. Even if we enjoy such drinks, and there are now plenty of them around Epcot, AK and DS, we choose to stay away from them because we find the Florida heat and alcohol do not make a good combination.

DW doesn’t drink, but I enjoy adult beverages with some foods. At WDW, this means a glass or two of wine or beer with either lunch or dinner, depending on our dining plans. I hit my limit at two, so if I have a beer at lunch, I might have a glass of wine or a beer at dinner, or not, depending on what I’m eating. I cannot eat fish and chips without a beer (or I prefer to enjoy the food with the traditional British pub accompaniment), and an expensive steak calls out for a nice glass of red wine. We do have TiW, so the discount offsets the high WDW prices a bit. I used to buy a six pack of beer at the gas station near BWV, but after I found myself leaving behind half or more because I never got around to sitting by the pool drinking a beer, I stopped doing that.

We don't drink often. In WDW I think maybe 0-3 drinks per trip. The reason is expense and recovery. It's hard enough making rope drop after MK pmEMH.

But now we're going with a free DDP *twirls mustache*
I plan to make good use of the alcohol at TS & QS because the drinks are very creative. If it's too much for whatever reason, then I'll just taste the rest without finishing them.

I wonder if the free alcohol will make any difference in the parks, happy vs grumpy?

We are on vacation. We usually get a bottle of wine for the room, sit on the balcony and enjoy! We do like to stop in some favorite spots and have a drink (Rose & Crown, Cave de tequila etc.) We travel with our adult children so it's no problem to stop for a drink, however years ago when they were little, I don't think we drank at all!

We don't drink. 1) I HATE the feeling of being altered in any way, and 2) All alcohol tastes like sock sweat, and smells about the same. I'd rather spend the money on something good, and mixing alcohol with Florida heat/dehydration makes for no fun for us.

We do enjoy drinks at home and we intend to have a drink or 2 with sit downs. I do agree with the point about the heat though. I didn't drink at Disney when the kids were very small because they needed all of our attention but once in May we were in Mexico and the margarita looked so refreshing so i got one on the way to China to watch the acrobats. I drank while we sat on the ground. Now understand that I am no light weight but when we stood up I absolutely felt it. I wasn't drunk but I was unexpectedly buzzed. It was pleasant but surprising. This time we're going in November. The kids are bigger and I'll have my dad with us too. He's not a big drinker at all so I may be a little more open to try the delicious looking cocktails....

I am a scotch and Bourbon whisky drinker...I prefer to enjoy them at night and alone...dont drink much beer. While on vacation...i seldom drink any alcohol at all.

Last edited:
This issue has been on my radar since I found out our DDP includes drinks. I drink on average one drink per week, on the weekend. I have never had a single drink at DLR or WDW because of the prices (80%) and the concern that trying to parent in a crowded amusement park while buzzing might be unpleasant to anxious (20%). On our upcoming trip, the cost issue is gone in that I can have a drink at every meal, or 10 drinks over six park days. AND we have Oga's reservations, and I want a Fuzzy Tauntaun. I never drink that much at home! But all the places we're eating have wonderful, fun drink options. And we're paying for the DDP this time, and I feel like we have to partake to get our money's worth. The lucky part is that the drinking will go on in the manner I do it at home, in that it will be one drink with a meal. But I am wondering how I'll feel by the end of the DDP part of our split stay...and we check into the Club Level at BWI and can get drinks at the lounge....

:drinking1😉

On a practical level, my concern is that I will just want to crash as soon as we get back to our room, when typically I get the kids to bed and then stay up going through our Memory Maker photos from the day and snapping up the ADR I really want for the next day after midnight and people have done their last-minute cancellations. We shall see.

Just because you enjoy a cocktail or two on vacation does not mean it’s with intention of getting drunk
Or that you need it to have fun, seriously never understand that one.
I don't drink super often at home, maybe one or two drinks a week, but when I'm on vacation I like to indulge a little more. Especially if I know I don't have to drive.

When on vacation we will have a couple of drinks, and totally relax... We enjoy trying all the cool drinks that they come up with... No drinking around the world for us though.... nothing worse than a hangover on vacation... to spend all that money and feel terrible is just not worth it...

We rarely drink wherever we are. Maybe a margarita when we go out for Mexican food. On our trip in July/August, we had a couple drinks during the week. We had a Peach Bellini at BOG and a watermelon margarita one evening. We don't like being around drunks but I can't recall seeing anyone obviously drunk at Disney the last three Summers. I hear it's mostly at Epcot and drinking around the world. We usually hit the countries a couple days soon after they open so we haven't spent much time there later in the day/night.

Well I don't drink at all. But that because back in the dawn of time (1983) I was given command of my first platoon and my battalion commander said it would be easier to talk to Jr Marines about drinking if I didn't. It jus t stuck with me. My daughters mother and the stepfather both drink on the trips but that's just them. I enjoy Disney to much to imagine doing some of the things I saw last trip at Disney Springs anyways.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter