Does anyone do all 4 race weekends each year? (or any year?)

I can't wait for Disneyland races to start up again! I need a reason to get out there soon. I grew up in southern CA, had annual pass to DL until I went to college on east coast (and stayed), and now my parents have moved to northern CA, so I don't have much reason to get to Anaheim. But a race would be an excellent reason!
IF Disneyland happened it would only be short distances unless the Anaheim city council does a complete regime change as since Disneyland is smaller than world they had to close residential/downtown areas to accommodate the run

This is a goal of mine. I think I am going to try to do every race in 2024. Both of our kids will be moved out by then, so will be trying to find something to fill our time. So I told my wife I wanted to do every Disney race in 2024.

We used to do 5-6 races per year, between Disneyland, WDW and even the DLP race, had to get the Castle to Chateau medal. I miss the Disneyland races but my wallet sure doesn't.

I plan on doing all the races in 2023 assuming I am able to register for everything. So far I have my DVC resort stays booked for Marathon Weekend and Princess as of this morning.

I would love to do this at some point, sadly I do not think I could do it till I retire... damn real job getting in the way of my disney running.

Also glad I did Disneyland 10k before they closed. Disneyland would be much easier for me and I agree they could do the 5k and 10k with very minimal closer of roads outside the parks. The 10k is really the best run of them all anyways, since it is the run you spend the most amount of time in the parks.

Thinking about doing this for 2023! At the very least all the challenges. I may have to skip on one or two of the 5Ks due to time off, but we'll see.

Contemplating pulling the trigger on ClubrD when it comes back to help out with it. But we'll see.

I'm the OP - I'm doing SS this weekend, and I have now decided to do all of the 10k/HM races in 2022-2023. Then see how I feel for 2023-24. I turn 50 in 2026, and that might be when I tackle a Dopey. Right now I'm not inspired to do a full marathon. I think 13.1 is perfect.

I had a conversation with DH recently that was basically "look, I need to do these races. As many as I can, as long as I can." And he has now come around. So I plan to register for everything as it comes up (oh hi Frozen virtual summer series!), and decide closer to the race if I go solo or if some or all of my family comes with me. DD13 has expressed a real interest in running the 10ks with me. We've done non-Disney 5ks together.

The crazy part is we live in Massachusetts, and I'm not DVC - not yet at least. I won't do it until I can pay for it without financing, and right now that might be 2024, likely with the poly expansion. Or maybe sooner - it's very tempting to get in on the new round of VGF (we just rented points there for a 2 bed villa. Amazing). I plan to buy a small amount direct for the perks, and then keep an eye out for good resale deals (even at other resorts) to keep adding points over time. I need to do more research but that's my plan.

And I REALLY wish I got an AP before they stopped selling them at the end of 2021. This weekend will be my 4th trip in 9 months. Sigh.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter