• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Does anyone actually book and pay rack rates through Disney?

I have a couple of times when the FL resident rate or Military Salute didn't cover the days (New Year's timeframe). I figure win some, lose some.

I think it also depends on the specific needs of the people going. For example, DH and I never buy tickets through Disney, we get the Military Salute from Shades of Green or his old base. We pay for dining out of pocket because it’s always better for us that way, and for the room we have our favorite resorts and don’t stray from them. POFQ generally lacks discounts, and sometimes we want certain dates that have no discounts at our other resorts. I always try to look though.

I have. We decided to tack a couple of days onto another vacation at the last minute. There was nothing available for discounts or cheaper prices on other websites.

I have to choose my vacation week first and then book any trips. I can't tell you how many times ( most) that I've missed a great deal by a week or even a few days. So paying rack rate happens regardless of site purchase.

I paid rack rate in November 2016 and April 2018. Discounts didn’t align with my dates and room type.

I would never in a million years book through anything other than Disney or Universal. I don't want the hassle when something goes wrong and I have to deal with a third party. The extra money is peace of mind.

Most people who travel to Disney once every ten years (or once in a lifetime for some) will book the going rate on the Disney website. For some, they don't know there are options. For others, they may think that discount sites are scams.

I did but only after researching multiple dates but the only available room discounts were for Deluxe resorts. Since I was only staying for a night POP for one night was still less than BC with a discount. Probably the only time though, and it was very last minute.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter