• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Does anybody NOT like the taste of spring water?

ckay87

demented and sad...but social
So we had our well water tested and it was found that there is some bacteria in it. I've been drinking this water for 10 years and am completely healthy, but whatever. So we bought a water cooler for the home and yuck...it tastes like nothing. I don't know what water is supposed to taste like, but spring water is just the complete absence of flavor. So I wonder a little what I was tasting our well water. Dirt? Minerals? :confused3

So am I strange or imagining this, or is anyone else this way too?

I don't really like the taste of it either. I personally like the taste of our tap water and perfer it. I don't know if its because I am use to it, but I would rather drink it.

I've had good-tasting spring water; I've had bad-tasting spring water. I've had good-tasting tap water; I've had bad-tasting tap water. "Spring" and "tap" don't indicate how good the water tastes.

I am a water out of the faucet girl.....when we had an issue a few years back and the city had to not use the tap water....we bought Poland Spring water......(its about 15miles from here) but anyways.......I thought omg it is tasteless......I want some water with chlorine and other junk in it.....my MIL said the same thing......she wanted her tap water back.......

While I was drinking out of my neighbor's garden hose the other day, I thought it tasted a little off. Gotta remember to tell him to have it tested for bacteria...:teeth:

Honestly, I never give the taste of water any thought. It's never so bad or so good that I have ever taken notice.

So we had our well water tested and it was found that there is some bacteria in it. I've been drinking this water for 10 years and am completely healthy, but whatever. So we bought a water cooler for the home and yuck...it tastes like nothing. I don't know what water is supposed to taste like, but spring water is just the complete absence of flavor. So I wonder a little what I was tasting our well water. Dirt? Minerals? :confused3

So am I strange or imagining this, or is anyone else this way too?

You're tasting minerals. A little calcium, magnesium, sodium, maybe some iron, manganese, copper, zinc...yum. :)

you can get a well disinfection kit to take care of the bacteria.

I am a big water drinker and can taste the difference, there are definitely some waters that I don't like

Tap water varies so widely - as we all know from visiting WDW. I like my tap water just fine, but there are places you can't pay me to drink the water, especially if it's high iron rusty well water. yuck.

With bottled water, I prefer spring water to bottled tap water. I don't really like Dasani or Aquafina. I like most springs waters I've tried, we buy Costco's to keep on hand at home, and my favorite to get once in a while is Fiji. I refill the Fiji bottles with tap water to use at home.

I think spring water varies much more so than fabricated waters, though -- as much as tap water varies, if not more so.

With bottled water, I prefer spring water to bottled tap water. I don't really like Dasani or Aquafina. I like most springs waters I've tried, we buy Costco's to keep on hand at home, and my favorite to get once in a while is Fiji. I refill the Fiji bottles with tap water to use at home.

I really do not like Dasani either. Aquafina does not bother me though. I hate it when Dasini is the only bottled water option as my family just gave up sodas.

Suzi

I drink tap water most often. The only bottled water I buy is purified, never spring. It tastes sort of weird to me.

I don't like the taste of it either. When I was in Norway and took a tour of the fjords we got to sample pure water straight from a fall, everyone was cooing about how good it was. All I tasted was cold and wet. No flavour, so it wasn't gross it just tasted like nothing.

But yeah, you're not alone in not liking spring water.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter