Does anybody know why room#11052 is unpopular in Disney Wish cruise??

Monica Rhee

Earning My Ears
I checked disney wish cruises leaving on December and noticed room #11052 is almost available. Does anybody know why?!

It makes no sense to me. Above that room is another stateroom. It is across from the elevator but so are other rooms.

I don’t have an answer for your question.

It makes no sense to me. Above that room is another stateroom. It is across from the elevator but so are other rooms.

I don’t have an answer for your question.
Thank you. It makes no sense to me either so I was hoping someone knows why…

Not sure about this stateroom specifically but we just returned from a Wish cruise and had room 11534, same side of the ship and loved the location! Seriously, these rooms are the best and there is a door you can take right out to the deck from the hallway where your room is if you don't want to walk back through the elevator bay. You have all the new quick service, ice cream, drink refills, a full service bar, all right there, literally steps from your room. Noise from this area was never an issue either. We also enjoyed what we referred to as the 'secret' adult area up on the decks above (Deck 13 I think). Plenty of deck chairs to the side of where the chip and dale forward pool is, even on a sea day and a bar up there to get drinks as well. They had the fancier round loungers up there too, facing the sea, but those do get popular/ grabbed early.

I think our room location made the whole 'closed in' feeling of the common areas on the lower decks more tolerable. The art and grand hall were lovely but It's like they went out of their way to block the ocean views.

@justkeepswimmin - Thanks for that info on access to the deck! i had wondered / hoped, but figured it would just dead end.

With that info, would this cabin be just 3 doors away from an outside exit? That could turn off people.

@justkeepswimmin - Thanks for that info on access to the deck! i had wondered / hoped, but figured it would just dead end.

With that info, would this cabin be just 3 doors away from an outside exit? That could turn off people.
That's possible, but it's marked as 'emergency exit' though there is no alarm or anything so most people don't use it. We used it a couple times just to see but mostly went through the elevator bay. If I had a room down there, which there are really only 5 or 6 rooms are that way, I' would have probably 'missed' the sign and used it more often.

Because it’s waiting for you to book it. One cruise, only 11042 is open. It’s the last to be picked for the team.

Otherwise, no obvious reason, nor easy to find reports of problems.
The more expensive rooms are usually the last to sell. A lot of times when I book GT rates I get put in the more expensive rooms. It really means nothing that it's the last one left. It could have been booked at one time and they canceled you never know.

Is there a pool deck, or something else that could be noisy, above it?

I checked disney wish cruises leaving on December and noticed room #11052 is almost available. Does anybody know why?!
I think it’s a lock off room. I ran across this on the Dream. It was not open and then it opened up. I speculated that maybe it was held for the connecting room for some reason? Maybe people don’t want it because it connects? Idk. But it might be a piece of that puzzle. 🤷🏻‍♂️

I think it’s a lock off room. I ran across this on the Dream. It was not open and then it opened up. I speculated that maybe it was held for the connecting room for some reason? Maybe people don’t want it because it connects? Idk. But it might be a piece of that puzzle. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Connecting rooms on cruise ships arent an issue with sound, so not sure why people wouldn't want them

The majority of rooms on Disney ships connect.

The majority of rooms on Disney ships connect.
Yeah I’m sorry I don’t know what I’m talking about probably. I should have mentioned it was the room that connected to the Roy suite. It wasn’t coming up when searching and then one day it popped up. I thought to myself that maybe they try to not list that one until someone books the Roy suite and if that person doesn’t need that connecting room, they open it up. Idk 🤷🏻‍♂️

The more expensive rooms are usually the last to sell. A lot of times when I book GT rates I get put in the more expensive rooms. It really means nothing that it's the last one left. It could have been booked at one time and they canceled you never know.
Very true!

One note of exception most of the time though is in concierge. The Royal Suites and 1-bedroom suits usually go pretty quickly. But then there are only a few of those to begin with and a certain few who are willing to pay that though.

Connecting rooms on cruise ships arent an issue with sound, so not sure why people wouldn't want them
Not to get too far off the rails, but oh my how this is 100% not true. I had the worst sleep ever on a Magic cruise when we had a connecting room. There was a screaming child at all hours of the night and then, for some reason, they had set an alarm on their phone that went off at 5:30 AM every morning that they would then snooze until 8 AM. That thing literally went off every 10 minutes from 5:30 to 8:00 AM. I can't even HEAR that alarm tone on an iPhone any more without my heart racing. It was truly a nightmare. I refuse to stay in connecting rooms after that incident.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter