Does Animal Kingdom Lodge have Two Home resorts?

Bearval

DIS Veteran
In the final process of purchasing direct AKL points and was told I can book Kidina at 11 months and Jambo at 7 months since Kidina is my home resort. I didn’t think AKL had two home resorts is this right?

Jambo and Kidani are both considered the same Home Resort. There have been software glitches (temporary) reporting problems now and then ... but these are eventually corrected.

I actually called,member services today and was,told by them that,they are,two separate home resorts. I am,hoping you are,right and she was,wrong.

I actually called,member services today and was,told by them that,they are,two separate home resorts. I am,hoping you are,right and she was,wrong.
She was incorrect or misunderstood your question. You will have the ability to book either Jambo or Kidani at 11 months.

I hope so, when I go online it has kidina listed as 11 months and Jambo house in the the section below with all the other resorts for 7 months out.

I hope so, when I go online it has kidina listed as 11 months and Jambo house in the the section below with all the other resorts for 7 months out.
I own at AKL. Both of my contracts are "Kidani" points but I have no problem booking Jambo at 11 months. Just check off AKV-Jambo when you do your search. You will be able to book anything available at either location in the 11-to-7 month window.

It is a single association. You got the living proof that MS sometimes is untrained and clueless on the line.

I own at AKL. Both of my contracts are "Kidani" points but I have no problem booking Jambo at 11 months. Just check off AKV-Jambo when you do your search. You will be able to book anything available at either location in the 11-to-7 month window.
I did check off Jambo,and,it said I could not reserve a room until march 2019 for a,time in October .

You need to check AKV-Kidani before your search for availability. But like others have stated both Kidani and Jambo House are one DVC resort. DVC just sold points from Jambo House first and then later at Kidani. And now someone misguided person told IT to program them as separate home resorts. They are separate resorts for booking rooms, but not for the home resort priority.

Hopefully they can fix it tomorrow so when,I,log in next time it will allow me,to,reseve at 11 months

My AKV contract is titled in a Kidani unit and we always book Jambo at 11 months. In fact we’re returning in 17 days for a stay in Jambo that we booked online about 11 months ago.
If member services told you differently they were wrong, if you can’t book online due to a glitch, then call ms, if you get a misinformed CM and run into issues being allowed to book Jambo (and there’s availability) escalate to a supervisor.

I feel better now hearing from everyone that it is just a glitch. I will feel even better after they fix it in my account.

Previous posts are correct. Our contract is kidani. I just also check the box for Jambo when I want to book and it allows me to book either one at the 11 month mark.

Just did it in September to book a grand villa at Jambo for August 2019.

Last edited:
The truth: Jambo and Kidani are one DVC and you have the 11 month window for both buidlings if you own at either. In the online reservation site, it will show you as an owner of either Jambo or Kidani, but you can check the building you do not own and then be able to reserve either at 11 months out

Other truth: the people you talk to at DVC too often know far less about DVC than those on this site.

Last edited:
i book jambo 11 months out all the time. have also booked kidani at 11 months out. i own at AKL.

And if you need a further level of comfort go to the following page on Disney's own site https://disneyvacationclub.disney.go.com/destinations/list/dvc-resorts/ You will see both Jambo and Kidani listed. For one and then the other, click on "View Points Chart and Calculator." When that opens, click on "2019 Points Chart." What you will find is that the points charts for the two buidlings are exactly the same. Both show points for value and concierge rooms, which exist only at Jambo, and both show points for standard view Grand Villas, which exist only at Kidani.

I am not arguing the point that it is a glitch of some kind, but for legal/paperwork reasons isnt your name associated with a specific room in one of the two resorts when you bought in. Perhaps this is where the problem is originating.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter