Does adult must accompany minors for Ray feeding?

PolyNeverGirl

Earned 2 ears
I have a 12 and a 10 year olds. They really want to do the ray feeding. With a price, I would rather sit out. Do they allow them to do this activity without me in the water?

Isn’t the ray feeding where you buy the feed from a kiosk, wander over and feed it to the rays in an open tank? There wasn’t a charge for the activity, only the feed. I don’t think anyone gets in the water. My son used to spend hours playing with the rays. He was fascinated by them. Maybe it’s a different experience now.
PS this is for Stingray Lagoon at Seaworld, rather than Discovery Cove. You can see a photograph here.
https://seaworld.com/orlando/animal-experiences/

Last edited:
Isn’t the ray feeding where you buy the feed from a kiosk, wander over and feed it to the rays in an open tank? There wasn’t a charge for the activity, only the feed. I don’t think anyone gets in the water. My son used to spend hours playing with the rays. He was fascinated by them. Maybe it’s a different experience now.
It was one of the upgrade activity. Have to show up super early and feed rays and fish with the employees. Takes nearly two hours. On the website, it just says 6+, no mention of accompanying adult. But the main post of DC on this site does say accompany adult required. So I am confused now.

From the context of your question, I assume that you are talking about Discovery Cove, children 6-12 must be accompanied by a paying adult who is also participating in the experience...see below from DC website (https://discoverycove.com/orlando/upgrades/ray-feeding/)

RAY FEEDING
Feed incredible rays at Discovery Cove.

Join Discovery Cove’s expert aquarists early in the morning and help them as they feed our amazing Cownose and Southern stingrays.
  • Check
    Feed stingrays and thousands of beautiful tropical fish
More Details
Park admission is not included & is required. All participants must be at least 6 years old and comfortable in water. Children ages 6-12 must be accompanied by a paying adult who is also participating in the Ray Feeding experience.
Ray Feeding experience also include a Q&A session with our Aquarists. Experience is available throughout the year on select dates. Approximately 30-45 minutes will be spent in The Grand Reef, when planning your day please allow at least 1 hour & 45 minutes to complete the full program.

post above seems to nail it .....

to clarify

there is ray feeding at Sea World

AND ray feeding at Discovery Cove

they are DIFFERENT

which one is OP asking about?

At SW the rays are in a swimming pool and you just reach over the edge to feed 'em ......

AT DC I believe they are talking about an early morning event in the 'Grand Reef pool' where you are in the water with the rays (some are BIG) and here an adult must accompany . . .

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter