Does a carseat fit in the rental strollers?

nicksmom

Earning My Ears
I have a 7yr,2yr and 5 mth...does an infant carseat fit in the double stroller that you can rent at Disney? My carseat fits in my double and single stroller at home even though it was not made for the strollers...we can just set it in. I don't know what to do about the rental...the baby is too small to just sit in one of those rental strollers. Has anyone out there ever just sat the carseat in and strapped it in? Thanks for any tips!

...Leaving in a week!!!

We rented a double stroller at every park. They are side-by-side, sort of a glorified umbrella type. I don't see how you could put an infant car seat in any of them. Sorry. I think wdwig.com has pictures of all the types of strollers. You may end up bringing your own stroller from home and renting one anyway for your 2 and 7 year olds. My 6 year old (tall for her age) loved being in a stroller.

Good luck and have a great trip. Hope I helped.

Susan

They are the hard plastic at MK, Epcot and AK and jogging type at MGM. Try "deb's site" wdwig.com as she has pictures of the strollers at each park - as well as a section on traveling with babies, and preschool children - this could be helpful.

You would probably be better off bringing a stroller for baby - one that reclines flat with a basket and a sunshade. I also used an umbrella that clipped on to the stroller as well as a fan when outing with my children in the sun at that age. Our pediatrician advised us that baby should not sit in a carrier or carseat for long periods of time, so I always used a stroller for this type of outing rather than the carseat. Perhaps bringing a stroller for baby and a park rental for the older children could work?

I also highly recommend a snugli or sling for your 5mo as the strollers are not allowed in the line. You can wear baby through the line as well as on most rides and in shows. This one tip saved our first trip with 2 children in tow.

There are some great baby supply rental places in the area - if you don't have a stroller that will work or don't want to lug it, these places rent nicer equipment at reasonable prices. My sil used baby's away - www.babysaway.com - IIRC.

Be sure and check your guidemap for the babycare centers in each park they can be a lifesaver. Cool calm place to change or feed baby and movies and activities for siblings. They also carry items you may have forgotten - although pricey of course :)
HTH
TJ

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter