DoD domestic travel Ban

I read the release, but it appears this only applies to government-funded travel for civilian DoD members, not personal travel:

"This memorandum applies to all DoD military and civilian personnel and their families assigned to DoD installations, facilities, and surrounding areas in the United States and its territories. All DoD military personnel will stop movement while this memorandum is in effect. In addition, DoD civilian personnel and DoD family members, whose transportation is government-funded, will also stop movement. This policy applies to Permanent Change of Station (PCS) and Temporary Duty. Additionally, until the domestic travel restrictions prescribed above are lifted, DoD Components may only onboard civilian employees within the local commuting area, and military members are only authorized local leave in accordance with Service policies.
https://media.defense.gov/2020/Mar/...OMPONENTS-IN-RESPONSE-TO-CORONAVIRUS-2019.PDF

I read the release, but it appears this only applies to government-funded travel for civilian DoD members, not personal travel
The part that I’m concerned about is near the end: “military members are only authorized local leave.” That implies that non-local leave is not authorised.

I hear rumors all the time. The overwhelming majority end up being completely untrue or mixed with some truth. Someone posted a good source above. Regardless, I would be emailing HR and getting it in writing before making any changes.

The service member won’t be able to travel out of the area they’re stationed. The instructions only address family travel that is funded by the government. Technically, they can’t tell family members to travel on their own dime, but my husband said they were told in person not to let their family travel.

My dad is in the Army National Guard and has been told for weeks he can't leave the state. Not surprised at this announcement at all. They probably don't want any travel of any kind for them.

The DoD just established a domestic travel ban for all military and DoD civilians and their families until May 11th. We had a cruise booked on April 20th on the Magic....looks like we're joining the legions of people re-booking.....ugh.

I'd wait until April 19th to rebook then, definite chance it's cancelled and you'll get a full refund.

Hmmm, wish now that I'd read the release a bit slower! Oh well, we already rebooked, and my wife is already looking forward to the new cruise. Plus I work with a lot of active duty members....I don't wanna be THAT guy that gets to go on vacation when others can't, and maybe brings something back!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter