Doctor's letter for travel question

bgula

DIS Veteran
My wife and I have received a doctor's letter of recovery so we can use it for our cruise in a couple of weeks. However, our son is unable to get one from his pediatrician as she doesn't want to deal with such a letter. Does anyone know any other avenues for getting a recovery letter from a health provider (i.e. walk-in clinic, etc.)? Also don't want to pay much as he can just get tested for $30. Our letters cost us $20 each.

We are paying $30 at a walk in. They had no issue booking appointments for us to do it and even though it’s likely more than we’d pay to get tested in AB, I’d prefer not having another thing to do the day before we fly. You should be able to call a walk in and get a price over the phone. The one we went to was very familiar with what we needed.

Do we absolutely need a letter if within 90 days of having covid? Could we not just produce the PCR Positive test results from the government website? Or may be cheaper to just get the rapid antigen test at Walmart or SDM if by now we are not testing positive?

Do we absolutely need a letter if within 90 days of having covid? Could we not just produce the PCR Positive test results from the government website? Or may be cheaper to just get the rapid antigen test at Walmart or SDM if by now we are not testing positive?

Yes, you need a letter to get into the US. You don't need one for coming home.

We are paying $30 at a walk in. They had no issue booking appointments for us to do it and even though it’s likely more than we’d pay to get tested in AB, I’d prefer not having another thing to do the day before we fly. You should be able to call a walk in and get a price over the phone. The one we went to was very familiar with what we needed.

I called a few walk-ins today. Couple of them said no, 2 said maybe, others I had to leave a message. Not as easy as I thought. I'll see if the others return my call. Might just be easier to keep the RA test we have booked for him.

Must be Ontario? I know 5 people that had to get a letter in Alberta, and they paid nothing (different doctors, one just went to medicentre) I plan to ask my family doc when I go for my annual appt in March (need for Mar 30)

Our regular doctor won't as he's not a patient of his. I got it done for $20 at a walk-in clinic near me.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter